Fed up with Britain?

SIMPLES

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of water the grass around my way gets, is one of the main problems with this country.

Along with maybe Politics , Taxes , Fuel costs , NHS the list goes on but I do also hate the blooming rain it gets you wet . Love my country though :biggrin: Although I would emigrate if family and friends would tag along . That means I,d have to go without a proper meat n tato pie :blushing:

It might be tempting when I've seen and done all our beautiful country has to offer. Which will be never :biggrin:!

Plus I'm pale and pasty enough to have to use sunblock all year 'round here; I think I'd fry down in Oz.

I've lived in the same area for 21 years. My colleagues are amazed by my local knowledge of the area. One thing my colleagues like is my knowledge of the country lanes. We had a bit of a challenge between me and my boss. The boss took the main roads i used my local knowledge to get to the same site. I beat him by 15 minutes. One of the joys of being a local lad. I also know lots of landowners which has its ups and downs. Upside lots of shooting. Downside if the landowner has a section of old railway line my boss wants his/her details asap so he can start negotiations for opening.

Australia would be a wonderful place to visit (I hear the watersports scene in Brisbane has to be seen to be believed), but I find summer in Scotland too hot at times. Chainsaw work and temperatures above 5 degrees celcius don't mix!

If you don't like Britain and Oz is too hot, too many creepy crawlies, floods etc move to NZ. Climate is not too disimilar to the UK, less than a 10th of the population (just over 4 million people) no issues with massive illigal immigration etc and the politicical problems pale into insignificance. The scenery is stunning, the beaches clean, the weather generally better than the UK, no snakes, only one poisonous spider species.........need I go on? Oh yeah, arborists are on the skills shortage list so you have a pretty good chance of getting in on a work visa or residency visa. Man, I love it here.

If you don't like Britain and Oz is too hot, too many creepy crawlies, floods etc move to NZ. Climate is not too disimilar to the UK, less than a 10th of the population (just over 4 million people) no issues with massive illigal immigration etc and the politicical problems pale into insignificance. The scenery is stunning, the beaches clean, the weather generally better than the UK, no snakes, only one poisonous spider species.........need I go on? Oh yeah, arborists are on the skills shortage list so you have a pretty good chance of getting in on a work visa or residency visa. Man, I love it here.

It's still the arse end of nowhere;) That said I could sell my house here and buy a castle in New Zealand with the money.

The arse end of nowhere is fine and dandy with me. Too far for most people to invade or think of as an easy refugee country. Don't think you will be getting the castle anymore though as the housing boom put paid to cheap property in the major centres. If you're happy to live further out or in the small towns, like me, there's plenty of bargains to be had. You can still pick up a decent 3 bed in some of the smaller towns for about $150k so about 75k sterling. Plus we don't have to worry about bailing out Greece, Spain, Portugal etc :001_tt2: no euro for us. Oh and my dad just got residency here at age 65. He smokes like a chimney and has diabetes so there's hope for some of youz fullas yet eh.