Poly Tunnels Wanted

18 stoner

just looked at thoses on ebay you could take the feet off them and put them in scaffold poles to get the hight!

Problem is you do not have the strength in the top bar to support the plastic. First high wind and they would collapse. Really only made as a ground cover cloche. I would even be careful with scaffold poles as I have quite easily bent the alloy poles in the past. Galvanised steel is far better and stronger.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sink the poles into the ground dig a trench either side of the tunnle cover with the poly then bury it, if you want to tighten the poly then drill a hole in the scaff pole lets say 20 cm from the top , then just push the top of the hoop up then push a nail or pin through to hold it jd

I got one for free from the local agri college that was selling the land off. 20m long double span tunnels so about 12m wide. Got the lot on i think 3 big landy trailers. Got some suitable sized metal pipe that i concred in the ground and stuck the frame on that and bolted it together. Not bad for 2 days work.

Always worth phoning places like that see if they want shot of thing like that. I was so efficent at taking it down the college thought we were some kind of demolition contractors.

Another vote for Northern poly tunnels, they'll make to your spec (in my case no doors, one end galebreaker other open, best light transmission plastic and to a set size).

Be careful of 2nd hand, farming mate of mine got one next to free out of the back of the gaurdian, ended up costing about the same after buying all the missing/ broken/ extra bits required. His next one came from NPT and we put it up in two 1/2 days.