first spikes

LR90

Looking at getting some spikes for my aerial rescue and for work so far at collage have used bashlin steels with leather top pads found them very uncomfortable while waiting to be rescued and whilst being the rescuer.

By searching the forum and found the aluminium Gecko to be well liked also tried some on at FR jones and liked how they fit.

Was going to get the Distel Aluminium Spurs - Classic as they have the buckle bottom straps which i think u could get tighter than the Velcro. Also what gaffs would be best for all round use.

Any advice before i spend my money

went and ordered some aluminium Gecko classics from honey brothers should get them Friday.

decided to get the best i could afford and to keep them till they wear out.

will post an up date when i get them

thanks

Basic steel bashlins,good basis to start spikes are a bit like Marmite,and any how they spend most of their lives stuck in the bottom of your kit bag,so the less you spend the better,when you get your spikes,find a nice big Corderline wait for it to rain,and climb it youll never forget the experience i promise.

That what i have done due to having just enough for spikes Gave Mr Fr jones and son a ring

Placed the order the next day there out of stock till next week fair enough

I would of loved to have the money for the alloy ones but i will keep them till i make enough to sell them on for some lovely alloys

cool thanks

did u ever find the dip stick as it is diffrent from standard.

the tractor is doing realy well have just replaced starter motor as brushes have warn out. but has been a great help with the hay harvest and fencing

James