Lets see your Guns.

Sam Thompson

yeah thanks for that :001_tt2:

But painting your Toys to make you less visable when hiding from your "fruity freinds" is probably more gay than having an ammo holder on the Stock of a Rifle.

Why do people in the UK carry Spare Rounds on the Stock?Did Andy Mcnab tell them to do it?

Why do people in the UK carry Spare Rounds on the Stock?Did Andy Mcnab tell them to do it?

The same reason yanks have AK47's or pistols... because they can. A lot of people find them very handy. I use a bag on my .243 that has fox calls, 3 rounds, a cleaning rag (for optics) and a Surefire torch in. That rifle is a foxing gun. Ready to go at any time, in fact I get get it, bolt and ammo out of their respective safes within 3 minutes. Thats fully ready no... "Ooo, where did I put that squeaker". Its handy because I get a few calls to the likes of "The fox is in with the lambs/chickens etc. come NOW".

Not on a stalking rifle though.

Sam

The same reason yanks have AK47's or pistols... because they can. A lot of people find them very handy. I use a bag on my .243 that has fox calls, 3 rounds, a cleaning rag (for optics) and a Surefire torch in. That rifle is a foxing gun. Ready to go at any time, in fact I get get it, bolt and ammo out of their respective safes within 3 minutes. Thats fully ready no... "Ooo, where did I put that squeaker". Its handy because I get a few calls to the likes of "The fox is in with the lambs/chickens etc. come NOW".

Not on a stalking rifle though.

Sam

I see.

I have a Belt with that sort of stuff in a couple of pouches on it.Same idea I suppose.I had a "Side Saddle" mount on the side of a Pump Shotgun once,but it felt too "Tacti-cool" for my liking.

I see.

I have a Belt with that sort of stuff in a couple of pouches on it.Same idea I suppose.I had a "Side Saddle" mount on the side of a Pump Shotgun once,but it felt too "Tacti-cool" for my liking.

ive got a little cheek piece bag on my 243 mainly for the extra height and because the a5 stock is slightly uncomfortable but the bag part is very good for keeping a strip of rounds in, although they are not on show they are zipped inside, i also have a keyring led torch in there which has been usefull an odd time when i just stayed too late or shot right on dark.

i dont care about 'tactical' or 'cool' ive had endles bits and bobs and i have seen endless gizmos, bullets on the stock is very handy when you need them in a hurry or you changed ur jacket at the last min.

Using the same weight projectile? Bigger case capacity. But the bigger range of bullets availible for the 06 makes it more versatile. Bigger case = more powder = more Wumph.

Just my opinions

I'd have to agree with that. I have a Howa 300 Winchester Magnum that can propel the .30 caliber bullet with the flat line trajectory and speed of a .270. Considerably more energy on the target though, especially as the range to it increases.

For hunting deer here in the Pennsylvania woodlands a friend made up some special loads that tamed the canon to the equivalent of a 30.06 lightly loaded, or a 7.62 NATO round ballistically. Much more pleasurable to shoot, and still very effective on deer. As I remember it was a 165 grain boat tail nossler propelled by 70 grains of Bullseye.

Fun to take the Howa out to the range and cap off a magnum load. the muzzle blast and concussion of that thing going off usually stops all shooting while the other shooters try to figure out WTF that magnum blast was about. more Wumph indeed.