stihl ms200t-{10 on e-bay}

Martyn Amos

approx 10 ms200t,s on e-bay,just seems to be a lot at one time!

some are clean,but buy it now prices on a few are over £300?

people strapped for cash after christmas?

funds towards the husky t450xp out this year?

selling to buy a brand new 200t?

or sellers just noticed they sell for a good second hand price?

whats your thoughts guys :blushing:

martyn.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably just sellers outing stock at a premium time - I myself have two MS200Ts and an 020T that I have totally rebuilt, pressure checked, cleaned and reassembled ready for the bay and a further two 020Ts and an MS200T to be done.

If anyone wants one, I am your man - I am doing photos of the rebuilds so you know what you are getting! Probably too good for ebay - just waiting for new sprockets from Gustharts to arrive!

£250 - £300 seems to be the going rate - probably down to the licencing laws and I am not talking about the resale of alcoholic beverages:laugh1:

Spud

I run with 2 ( one in each hand ) :thumbup: no only joking but would no doubt wind someone up on the cut and chuck thread :001_rolleyes:. They're both getting to the stage where they should be replaced but at about 1k to replace both I think Ill soldier on, even though the smart thing to do would be to buy a new one every 2 years selling the old one for £300 the right off on the tax would cover any loss :sneaky2:

swinny,spud,jammy

see where you are coming from,why buy for £350 second hand when you can buy new for under £600?

but i think most buyers who buy off e-bay have not got the tickets,so would not be aloud to purchase new from a shop and just go mad,and will pay silly money,just to get one.

anyone can buy them off e-bay and the sellers know it:blushing:

They are tough little saws, gemerally I remove a couple of mugs full of crap out of each saw - had one that the previous owner said was overheating - looked like a mixture of bar oil and sawdust had been pushed between the cooling fins and then baked on.

It cleaned up really nice and the new owner was that happy he asked me to look out an MS260 for him!

The sprockets are generally buggered and the clutch cases have a tendency to get bashed just behind the exhaust. Carbs are an achillese heel on these saws but been lucky and all mine have been real good on reassembly.

Spud

swinny,spud,jammy

see where you are coming from,why buy for £350 second hand when you can buy new for under £600?

but i think most buyers who buy off e-bay have not got the tickets,so would not be aloud to purchase new from a shop and just go mad,and will pay silly money,just to get one.

yeah, thats the easy way for people to get there hands on one i must admit!

before christmas i sold:

020t unknown year, good runner 160.00

020t 1999 no bar and chain!!! good runner also 225.00 :confused1:

020t that would run but missin bits 90.00

024 good runner 105.00

absolutley crackers what people paid, i still have a 2005 one that i use and a brand new one which was only 405 inc vat at the apf!

swinny,spud,jammy

£600! around £500 more like, as for having a ticket to buy one I was once told that they can be sold to a person without a ticket if that person is going to use it to obtain their ticket :sneaky2: It must be true as I havent got a ticket and I've bought brand new from more than one supplier in this very way :thumbup: