How do you avoid an Hangover

Dean Lofthouse

Had six pints of Carlsberg last night and was very poorly this morning.

I get drunk on one pint normally so six was doing very well. But had the mother of all headaches this morning and through the night.

Apart from not drinking at all, what is the best beer, spirit to drink to avoid feeling rubbish in the morning.

My mate is in Bulgaria and he says you don't get hangovers with the beer over there because it is more pure ??

I try to drink loads of water before I go to bed but it didn't work and all two paracetamols did this morning was make me puke.

Tips will be gratefully recieved. With the forth coming APF, I anticipate drinking a few pints :001_tongue:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try drinking water or coke/lemonade in between pints(fizzy drinks are supposed to be better btw). It's hard to do especially when half cut :sleep1: but I allways feel better for it then next day.That and not drinking on an empty stomach.

Oh and not drinking Stella aswell :001_tongue:

Had six pints of Carlsberg last night and was very poorly this morning.

Stop drinking "cat pissy" larger, drink "real beer",I only drink Bitter or Stout, although the night I drank 12 pints of Guinness was not a good one neither were the following two days :puke:

Guiness or stout makes me fart big style, I produce enough wind to power an air turbine :thumbdown:

I don't know what is good beer or bad beer, sometimes it all tastes the same to me.

Tried some of that wine stuff the other day, although the wife soon picked me up for filling a pint glass with the stuff.

Wine tastes crap for the first few gob fulls and then it starts tasting ok after that, that gave me a headache too.

Tried some of that wine stuff the other day, although the wife soon picked me up for filling a pint glass with the stuff.

Wine tastes crap for the first few gob fulls and then it starts tasting ok after that, that gave me a headache too.

I thought i was almost an alky, but even i would feel rough drinkin it out of pint glasses:confused1:

I thought i was almost an alky, but even i would feel rough drinkin it out of pint glasses:confused1:

I drink on new years eve, at the AA show and at the odd party and that's it. So I really do feel fresh on one pint when I drink. But then after 4 or 5 I seem to sober up and end up being the last one at the party

The new years eve before last, someone passed me a bottle of Port to try as I had never had it before, he threw a wobbler when he came round again to find I had polished off the bottle thinking it was wine :001_tongue:

Boy was I ill the next day though. Took me three days to recover.