Have you ever bottled it?

gibbon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if i was going to go for a swing then i would just climb above my anchor point on the big fork below gibbon, a big swing on that lateral branch with your weight Huck would most probably break, keep it close to the stem.

i wish i had a pen thingy lol

If the tree is as big as he says, I think that will be plenty strong :001_smile:

(you calling me fat??)

I would anchor in as shown in black, then us my strop to get up, it anything happened it would be a bit of a swing, but not the end of the world.

Just what I would do, please feel free to tell me I'm a fool :001_smile:

I dunno, could be the end of your world! I reckon that would do some damage to swing from there.:scared1:

I have walked away from the odd tree when things werent going right or getting that feeling. Always looked better after a day or even a couple of hours.:001_smile:

As long as your anchored in to something at least a few inches thick you know it aint going to snap. Anything less and you should be able to hand hold it and pull it into you at the least then sned it up and throw it out.

Gibbon.

Yes. More so after having a child and realizing that its not just you that you need to worry about.

I seem to have a shady moment or 2 every year when I question what I'm doing but as all the guys say this is what keeps you thinking and keeps your mind on all the possible out comes of your actions.

In the case of a tree like this.If your worried of a break, I would climb with 2 lines (and a lanyard) on 2 high anchor points. I did this today on a veteran field maple that was the biggest field maple Ive ever seen, and it was in a real state.

Like Skyhuck said. The worse case scenario would be a swing but with 2 lines you wouldn't have to climb above your anchor point unlike his very artistIC drawing :sneaky2:

Edited by Tully