Fuel Cards

TimberCutterDartmoor

I looked into them a while ago, things may have changed but i dont think there was any reduction in prices and some require a deposit of 500 which you never get back unless you stop having the fuel card, so a bit pointless IMO.

One option is to have a credit card for fuel only, and if you have other drivers (that you trust) you can get them additional cards in their name. Then all petrol stations can be used and all bills go on one statement each month. As long as you pay it all off each month you are actaully getting a month credit for it which is way better than paying a deposit up front.

Also you can find credit cards with which offer cashback and other benefits so this is almost like a redcution in the fuel costs.

not much point in having one of these cards unless you run a fleet of vehicles. just use your company credit card then your not tied down to one or two retailers. the Shell garage near me has always been 4/5 ppl more than the esso bp asda tescos and sainsburys pumps. the only time i used a card/key was when i ran on lpg and i had a countrywide key. this was 20ppl + cheaper.

Where i use to work we had shell ones. You saved fractions of a pence per litre if i remember correctly. I know a lot of all star fuel cards that are taken anywhere are being cloned and having a new vehicle reg put on them. I that a few grands worth of fuel can be put on them in a day before you realise. Not sure what financial responcabilty you have in that situation but a company near me have had 3 cards cloned for 3 different vehicles in 4 months or so.

i inquired and was told by the provider you need to spend at least £400 a month on fuel so at the minute thats around 75 to 80 litres a week. im thinking about going back on bio diesel just found a new supplier not too far away so might try it again its 89p 40p cheaper than diesel so may wel be worth it ive found it all depends on the quality of the supplier and ive not found a reliable supply yet been on and off bio for 5 years it fine if its good quality bio

The benefit against "high street" prices is very small. What you do get with e.g. a BP fuel card is a standard price, so if you have got vehicles on the motorway you can fill up at normal prices rather than motorway services.

Personally I have gone for the Tesco clubcard credit card approach and use it solely for fuel; effectively means 4 weeks free credit on my fuel spend and a few reward points as well (more if I use a Tesco forecourt, obviously).