Log prices will have too go up yes no

mendiplogs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, as an industry in general, are we so scared to increase prices?

I don't want to supply customers who think a 'ton' of logs should be £50.

I have politely refused to supply quite a few customers like that this year, but I always sell out of seasoned stuff to my loyal fan base!

The VAT thing is throwing things out of proportion IMO.

Its all the secondary rises that have a bigger effect, the VAT increase is just the bit hitting the news at the moment.

Jon simply asked if people were putting up prices, thats all.

If you are VAT reg or not, costs are rising. It also makes very little difference to me how much VAT is as Im not reg'd, I look at what my costs are. I dont care how much of it my supplier has donated to the government, his brothel or his pooch parlor for that matter. Its the amount he bills me for, total.

Therefore if that amount has gone up, It puts my costs up regardless of why. Therefore I pass it on

i can understand that happening for nxt years sales, but cant really see any need for large increase to cover any vat on diesel.

the higher the price goes, the more likelyhood of imports flooding into the UK or ur customers start using cheaper softwood options. Mr Arranwoodfuels must be licking his lips and thinking about going national shortly.

The price is going up NOW so i have put my price up NOW............simple. why shoul i take the hit for a year???????

What about vat on truck servicing,repairs, tyres, etc etc

If i don't make money doing it then it's not worth doing, thats the point of business.

The thing I have found time and again on here is the people who argue against price rises in logs dont actually do logs or worst they just buy them. Cheap imported logs still need to be transported by rail, sea or road and this uses expensive fuel so they will be going up. I have not found imported logs much cheaper than I sell for.