Mog chipper and 2-3 man crew required.

Rupe

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for all responses. No one is actually given me a rate yet. Or what they can do for X amount etc. I just need an idea so I can price it.

There are 110 seperate trees, but all close together, so a vast amount of chipping, and moving of chips. So, the best way of movign all the chip in as few loads as possible, is what I'm looking for. Dumper trucks = 100+ loads of chips = lots of mess and one bloke driving all day.

For a day rate, I'm not expecting on site 8-5 or anything silly like that, nice easy days of solid work, easy peasy lots of tea etc..

Straight fells all of them. Maybe 60-70foot at the most. How does that effect the day rate of a MOG and a two blokes chipping?

We are still not looking at subbing out the whole job, although that is still an option. If that happens then of course site visits and fixed price quotations will be required, in the short term and idea of costs at day rate ( I estimate 3 days) is required.

Give the man a price please for the use of a Mog, pto chipper and two to three people per day based on 3 days work, in the area stated please.

The rest of the information is pretty well unnecessary at this point.

Edited by PeteB
Simply question, simply answer required!

Give the man a price please for the use of a Mog, pto chipper and two to three people per day based on 3 days work, in the area stated please.

The rest of the information is pretty well unnecessary at this point.

Thank you!!!

Although, I am chuffed to bits that I now know that I can reverse a truck up to a chipper and chip into it anytime I want!! That is going to make life so much easier from know on!! I wonder if anyone else uses that method? This could change tree work for everyone for ever!!!

Edited by Rupe
Because sarcasm really is my favorite thing!!!!!

No no no you are all wrong- including you rupe.

What you want is a long line of trampolines placed opposite the trees, and as you fel a tree it will hit the "trampodeck" (thats a registered trademark BTW before any of you get any ideas) and bounce right out of the site and you could then reverse a bicycle powered chipper up into your LDV-transit and with the help of twenty oompaloompas you would have the job done......but under no circumstances am i going to give you any idea as to whether i have a unimog or how much i would charge you if i do have one..

Does that help Rupe?:lol:

Will someone please give Rupe a price- he really doesnt need to be told how to do this job FFS:001_rolleyes:

Thanks for the laughs guys. I have had soem prices pm'd to me (not many!) and so I have been able to make up a quote and have sent it today. We'll see what happens. They still might choose the cheaper option of chip into a pile for now and sort it out later, its the customers choice, in which case they can get jcb's dumper trucks or an old man with a wheelbarrow. I don't care. I've given two options, one for chip on site, one to move it out with a mog. Those are the only options I would entertain as being efficient uses of our time/expertise.