Jerky

Nick Waring

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks great! when I make it I use the box that came with a Wii bike (about 3 ft tall and 1ft wide) with loads of 1" holes in it and a small heated fan at the bottom and then hang the meat about 2/3rd's way up the box on bent paper clips then leave it to dry for a day or two (thickness pending) tastes great usually, worth noting that a wet marinaded meat takes way longer to dry this way than a dry-rub type marinade.

Looks a tad over done tome too I'm afraid, with mine I've always had the oven door open and the gas on the lowest setting and have found it takes some where in the region of 8 hrs to dry.

if you freeze it and allow it to partially thaw it makes it easier to cut into thinner strips if that's how you like it.

What did you marinade it in? I've tried several improvised recipes but my fave has to be just sprinkling with chilli flakes and brown sugar.

• 2 years later...
If anyone's even remotely interested

[ATTACH]118798[/ATTACH]

Spicy barbecue sauce, three cloves garlic, teriyaki, lee and Perkins, sugar, pepper and three dried bhut jolokia's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You obviously aint got a dog mate. Thanks for the recipe though and how long do you toast it?

You obviously aint got a dog mate. Thanks for the recipe though and how long do you toast it?

Two cats are well and truly booted out though think they might not like the chilli.

Not sure it was a recipe more just what's in the cupboard, I think it should be ready by the morning not too sure though, first time in front of the stove

Previously it's been about 8hrs in the oven on a very low heat and the door ajar .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk