Help! Tooth ache

Pat Ferrett

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it could be an absese ( if thats how you spell it ) You will need to get it sorted. I have had 2 in my life I can honestly say a broken arm was less painfull. I used to pace the garden at 5 in the morning to raise my blood pressure to relieve the pain. the dentist refused to pull the tooth as it was too close to a nerve 6 months nhs waiting list or go private for £2000 . I nearly paid until I found a back street butcher for £140 . On the other hand it could just be a girly ulcer. :biggrin:

Don't burst it, you'll make it MUCH worse..

Sounds like you have an abscess - if you cant bear the pain until the dentists open again in the new year you should go straight to your local A & E department/Hospital!

definatly agree with that... i tried some diy dentistry once, molars are stronger than the grip of long nosed mole grips.... even decent ones!!!!!!!!! next time you are at the dentist's ask to see his 'array' of tooth removal kit!!! it will make your stomach turn!!!!!!

If you are in heavy pain get some 'panadol',or and 'plink fizz' soluble pain killer,crush one up to powder ,wet finger dab in powder & hold against tooth & gum,do both sides (it will fizz & get into the gum & teeth gaps).

You can repeat a few times as you cant od on one tablet,ten minutes or so & it will reduce the severity of the pain till you can get it looked at,but if it is proper bad,as above A&E.

Good luck with it & dont pull it about or poke holes in it,you will make things worse.