Anything considered!!!

Logrover

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont use the saw much but i do need one now and then...to be honest a top handle 020 would be spot on and easier to cart about in the landy but i might do some large felling work at some point and so id prefer a bigger cc saw with a small bar. so id be selling to get something bigger. as for the carb its total pot luck as i had a 262xp which never ran right either! just seems funny that all the 357s at work have a similar problem new or old!! finiky saws i think!!:001_rolleyes:

Oops... I have a 262xp too and it runs fine. lol!! I know of a member on ebay that has a husky 365 special going for £250 with a 16" bar and chain. The saw is in V.G.C. and is a 2009. All depends if you are fussed about having an XP badge or not...

Not rubbing it in or anything... :biggrin:

DSCF1705.jpg

DSCF1701.jpg

ha ha this is quite funny!! my 262 had a stripped oil worm gear from new as well then would nt run properly!! hmm maybe im just unlucky!!!:laugh1: well at the moment id like to sell this saw and then look about since im can borrow a saw if i need one now and then! might buy a danarm instead....reliable but maybe a tad heavy!!:001_tt2:

For the 357 whatever you do dont waste your money on the Walbro 199. That was the worst carb with the problems. The replacement is a new Zama.

Also there was a recall on the intake and plastic clamp, switched to metal clamp etc.

If you have auto de-comp, switch to manual de-comp and plug off rest.

Just to show you a little comparison video of the stock muffler modded 262xp 62cc to a Poulan 3750 60cc and a 365 special 65cc NO muffler mod, stock muffler. I dont think I ran the the 362xp I just finished in this group. All saws ran same new loop of stihl 3/8 RS with 7T.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sRA3uzkwU]YouTube - Husqvarna 262 xp 62cc[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8q3wN-x6g]YouTube - Poulan 3750 Bad Boy 60cc[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtnk7BaaDaY]YouTube - Husqvarna 365 special[/ame]

Here is the 362xp video running rich after overhaul, I just put a new crank in etc. Different wood and round poplar after setting a year. Lost sound for some reason during this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD3rBS2SM8Y]YouTube - Husqvarna 362 xp stock project[/ame]

For the 357 whatever you do dont waste your money on the Walbro 199. That was the worst carb with the problems. The replacement is a new Zama.

Also there was a recall on the intake and plastic clamp, switched to metal clamp etc.

If you have auto de-comp, switch to manual de-comp and plug off rest.

Couldn't of put it better myself :thumbup1: Apart from don't bother with manual decomp either, even if never used they still leak a small ammount - plug the cylinder with part no. 503552201 cheaper and hassle free :thumbup:

hmmmm think mine is a walbro carb but cant check as i ve left it at work. was thinking of around 280 ish for it as its got so many new parts.

all i ant is a saw that starts runs and idles nicely..seems a lot to ask, would love to use an older dolmar saw to see how they run!!:laugh1:

trouble is

357xpg is £450 +VAT

claim tax makes it effectively £360 new

plus it's not running well so is £280 a good price?

Maybe if you can't reclaim VAT!

• 2 weeks later...

Right i topped a conifer hedge for my brother over xmas and the 357 drove me mad but ran better and better as i used it.....and it idled after i accidentily dropped in into next doors garden!! so idle is still a little high and it needs more playing with but at least it works!:001_smile: