Anything considered!!!

Logrover

I am bored of my 357xpg...shes had a new pot and piston for a 359, new cranks seals and been fully rebuilt but still will not run properly as she needs a new carb i think. all air leaks sorted. At work we have 6 357 and none of them idle properly and are a pain!! maybe someone on here can make it work properly but im out of time and paitence!!

Therefore i am after any saw older/newer but probably a bit more cc than the 357 to either swop or i am willing to sell mine and look for something else. bear in mind is been rebuilt and probably would run better with a new carb but funnily enough i ve never seen a second hand one.......

so is there any interest???? :thumbup1:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love my 357, mine has the auto decomp which people don't seem to like and it runs like a dream! How much are you thinking of for it?

Here is the link to it: HUSQVARNA 357XP CARBURETTOR WALBRO HDA 199A on eBay (end time 17-Jan-11 13:26:17 GMT)

The walbro carbs are the worst out of the two. Zama is the one of choice for the 357...

hmmmm think mine is a walbro carb but cant check as i ve left it at work. was thinking of around 280 ish for it as its got so many new parts.

all i ant is a saw that starts runs and idles nicely..seems a lot to ask, would love to use an older dolmar saw to see how they run!!:laugh1:

hmmmm think mine is a walbro carb but cant check as i ve left it at work. was thinking of around 280 ish for it as its got so many new parts.

all i ant is a saw that starts runs and idles nicely..seems a lot to ask, would love to use an older dolmar saw to see how they run!!:laugh1:

Like you said, you have a lot of new parts in the saw, and for £23 delivered i would go for it. Would you be selling the saw to buy another one or could you warrant keeping it as a project and buy another one also?

Also, mine is the walbro and it is fine... maybe just pot luck? I think the newer ones were zama after husky recognised the problem. I think they may have done a dealer recall to have the walbro's swapped over for zama FOC... don't quote me though ;)

well i dont use the saw much but i do need one now and then...to be honest a top handle 020 would be spot on and easier to cart about in the landy but i might do some large felling work at some point and so id prefer a bigger cc saw with a small bar. so id be selling to get something bigger. as for the carb its total pot luck as i had a 262xp which never ran right either! just seems funny that all the 357s at work have a similar problem new or old!! finiky saws i think!!:001_rolleyes: