Phew! Some big money here!

Mike Hill

I think them jenz chippers are much better then the hizohatz sorry spelling.

A company i do some chimbing for have had a 500hp jenz chipper in there yard for a few days it has can fill an artic loader in around 45 to 60 min thats around 25tons. It is some machine.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the Record, we filled 3 artic chipliners (144 cubic yards) in 2 hours 45 minutes with a 565 Conehead running a 265hp cummins. Used 25 litres of fuel per load....

The advantage of a Jenz is the personalized build and the swiss watch build quality.

Carl, the throat on that Jenz is 26" high by 40 inches wide. The MAN truck is probably running a 500hp+ engine. Probably looking at 1/2 a million Dollars for that rig complete. It is pretty cool huh?

Horse's for course's.That truck would probably be the mutts for most things in Europe and the UK.Units like the cone head could be towed into rough terrain behind a Dozer after a bit of bladework to smooth out the humps.I'm not sure I'd want a new Truck mounted unit bing dragged through a bog behind a D7.

Well not if it was mine anyway:001_smile:

my mate has just got the same chipper from fuelwood £12k cheaper than AC Price was selling it fo. awesome bit of kit i'll try and get some pics of it soon.

Alex does do some modifications on those machines, a reversing no-stress and down force rams on the top roller among others, so the higher quote may have been for a higher spec.

Tony, the walking floor is being used to edge the load tight up against the headboard. Then it will be used to unload it the other end. Walking floors are used primaraly for chip because a tipper that sizewould be heavy, and runs a high risk of falling over and wrecking the chassis. They also have the ability to walk the load out inside a low building.

Horse's for course's.That truck would probably be the mutts for most things in Europe and the UK.Units like the cone head could be towed into rough terrain behind a Dozer after a bit of bladework to smooth out the humps.I'm not sure I'd want a new Truck mounted unit bing dragged through a bog behind a D7.

Well not if it was mine anyway:001_smile:

We are putting a conehead on a tracked D4 undercarriage. Go anywhere ability...

The U2450 would be neat with a plant trailer for moving that between sites, but we also have a 14 tonne excavator and blade running alongside to feed the chipper.

Conehead with feed deck -

[ame]

[/ame]