Boxing Day Hunt Meets

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
Like I said before I whipped into a beagle pack and have beet on a shoot, allthough there are some kind thinking shooters who would not take a shot at an easy bird or one that would lead to a maimed bird there are many whose vision and thoughts are impaired by the amounts of drink they have consumed.

I have known game keepers to kill, shoot or poision protected birds of prey,

Dig out foxes and then let the terriers fight to the death,

Hounds shot straight out of the tralier as they didnt hunt well that particular day,

Badger digging do you think thats right? are you aware how much this goes on and atleast most hunts someone atleast is involved with this. The maimed terriers that are injured cant betaken to the vets for obviouse reasons so they are either shot or a number of people hold the terrier and its mouth closed and stitch it up with out anasthetic.

I have seen a very angrey kennel huntsman kick hounds so bad they have then gone down hill and aftera week die, drown them in the horse drinking trougth.

The list goes on.....

There is a saying in the hunting world What happens at the kennels stays at the kennels.

I am ashamed as to some of my actions that I did when hunting and now have nothing to do with hunting!

I really admire your honesty here Arborist, took a bit of guts to post this.

Your right in that you see some heinous things in the hunting world. I am also ashamed with one or two of my actions years ago but Have witnessed equally shocking things in the equestrian scene aswell. Its the individual concerned not the activity thats the problem. As you get older you become much less tolerant of ' the idiot brigade ' i find and just surround yourself with decent people. Dont give up on the dogs buddy cause they will never give up on you . :biggrin:

I am a country lad always have been an always will. I despise the hunt because of their actions and shocking attitude!! The followers are no better looking at you like muck, blocking roads up parking either side and riders expecting u to turn engine off!! Yeh right dream on! If horses are easily spooked then they ain't fit to be in that situation! Rant over

went out today and saw off my local hunt at battle. i am happy to say i support hunting and feild sports as long as they are done responsibly and proffesionally, that i think is the key point. as for alot of the antis as far as im concerned they have no respect for animals as they will gladly hurt the horses or hounds. i have a freind in the sussex police force who i beat with and he said if there is a protest anywhere you will see the same faces each time, be it fox hunting or anything else. they are just a miserable bunch with a hate for society in general imo.

just my thoughts.:001_smile: