Why Oh Why Oh Why ????!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

I think the British Public need a damn good kicking.

What a bunch of moaning, whinging tossers!

Yes I'm talking about the snow and weather!

All they can do is haul the transport minister in front of the lens, blame blame blame, he admits it's totally unacceptable and apologises!!!

HELLO???

Who sold their soul to responsibility for the weather???!!!

They are paid quite a bit of money to take care of the transport system, they do deserve a rolocking when they do a poor job of it, as should anyone.

They knew we were in for another bad winter and in some places it is ridiculous.

I have been out and about in the last 3 days, motorways, a,b roads and haven't seen 1 gritter or snow plough.

I am only upset because I haven't been snowed in and still have to go to school.:thumbdown:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have booked with a good company you will be shipped away to a hotel, if you are going on a cheapo holiday then you are stuck, thats the gamble you take. If you are spending all your money on flights and have no emergency money then who is to blame. I dont want to see any one suffer, BUT you have to take responsebility for your own actions.

I am sitting here nice and warm with no worries, it isnt by chance, it is my desicion.:001_smile:

If i decide to pack the kids and wife into the van and head to France skiing, but i no for sure it will be a nightmare and dangerous:thumbdown:

That's a bit of a mean comment isn't it?

Quite a lot of people take cheapo flights because that's all they can affiord, not because they are tight.

I own a 4x4 hilux tipper it goes every where in 2 wd empty or loaded with 750kg of logs. The only thing that stops my steady progress is muppets in 2wd cars or lorries. Stephen Blair is right I would think twice about taking my kids 4 miles in this let alone to france even if it is a four wheel drive. For the last ten years I have had a problem with flying for pleasure I often fly for business but why for pleasure would you allow a corporation to treat you like brainless sheep and take away your self respect ???

These people including elderly and kids stuck at airports have never had it so easy! F me, they should try an amble in helmand for a few days, whinging barstewards. Don't care if they can't afford a better flight package with better compensation, they live in a flippin comfortable country with many many privelages and a few nights on a dirty hard floor might won't do em any harm; did all the evacuees in the war moan about kipping in the underground? No they were all up for it and contented. Anyone who can afford a car or a flight should be jolly grateful they're in the top 1% of the worlds richest people. If you don't like the departure lounge then start walking.

Well we have snow tyres on the diesel clio and on the truck with studs. In rural areas of Derbyshire and Telemark the roads are not ploughed until there is at least 3" of fresh snow if at all. Spreading salt which kills trees and damages the fresh water supplies is a waste of time as it freezes again when temps drop. Use some gravel instead if needed

Good stash of food and drink and log fires during the Christmas time. No idea all the fuss and stress is about?

Cross Country Ski trips with friends.

These people including elderly and kids stuck at airports have never had it so easy! F me, they should try an amble in helmand for a few days, whinging barstewards. Don't care if they can't afford a better flight package with better compensation, they live in a flippin comfortable country with many many privelages and a few nights on a dirty hard floor might won't do em any harm; did all the evacuees in the war moan about kipping in the underground? No they were all up for it and contented. Anyone who can afford a car or a flight should be jolly grateful they're in the top 1% of the worlds richest people. If you don't like the departure lounge then start walking.

You came across a hornets nest with the first post. I think you may of just given a poke with this one.buzzzzzz bit OTT for me

Would you expect you granny or kids to walk home in -5 plus, because I would want mine to walk anywhere in this weather let along anyone elses:thumbdown:

Sound like you've got some issue dude sort it out.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. I've been logging for the past week it's -11C and i just get on with it.

If people can afford to go away at Christmas then good for them.

The only thing I think needs changing is daft buggers who drive too fast on icy roads and create a 2 hour delay because they caused a stupid accident