Can I run a small saw bench on my mini tractor?

evergreen

Cheers Slack ma girdle and Paul honeybun. Any one know wher i could buy a second hand circular saw?

get down your local farm sale :thumbup1:

theres often a lot on ebay

McConnel Saw bench on eBay (end time 18-Jan-11 21:47:49 GMT)

mcconnell saw bench driven by tractor pto logs on eBay (end time 28-Dec-10 08:43:55 GMT)

McConnel tractor pto driven circular saw bench on eBay (end time 23-Dec-10 20:48:43 GMT)

Should be fine i've run a saw bench off as similar size ford tractor worked fine, bloody scary though, much prefer the woodmizers!

what have bandsaws got to do with circular saws?

I bought my browns sawbench at a farm sale but make sure it is properly guarded. Many second hand benches are accidents waiting to happen and should really be left in the scrap yard.

they are only accidents waiting to happen if used incorectly, i think that an unguarded bench is pretty safe, you can easily see the danger, and then in turn work steadier, with the blade guards like on the firewood processing ones (like our japa) the danger is hid and you are likly to work faster thinking its 100% safe, then it will get you.

I have run a mconnel saw bench on a fergi about 25 horsepower and a 35 hp international b275 lifts fine as well, only thing to watch is that it has been bent as the table will not move very easily, easily done if lifted by a froklift in the wrong place. The trouble with the older mcconnel ones are they are flat belted so if the wood binds the belt slips off and then have to stop the tractor to put it back on again.

Matt