How many m3 on an artic

eggsarascal

Just been offered an artic load of seasoned chestnut(not put a moisture meter on it yet)the fella selling wants to sell by volume,which is fair enough by me.My question is, if the said artic would carry 25ish ton of unseasoned wood how many m3 of seasoned wood would be on the lorry?Thanks Simon. ps hope this makes sense

most artics carry 27 ton green legally...it really depends how dry the chestnut is, ........if its single stems thats on it, get ur measuring tape out when it arrives, not to difficult or long job if u have 15 to 20 stems to measure.

my preference is for the weight ticket, and argue the price per ton

cheers g

Green sweet chestnut is around 850-875kg a cubic meter when green. Assuming a green payload of 27 tonnes, it gives you about 31 solid cubic meters.

According to Jayvee's stats, a solid cubic meter will give you 1.54 cube stacked or 2.5 loose.

So assuming you deliver loose logs, an artic load should give you 77.5 cubic meters.

Green sweet chestnut is around 850-875kg a cubic meter when green. Assuming a green payload of 27 tonnes, it gives you about 31 solid cubic meters.

According to Jayvee's stats, a solid cubic meter will give you 1.54 cube stacked or 2.5 loose.

So assuming you deliver loose logs, an artic load should give you 77.5 cubic meters.

I normally work on 1 tonne of green timber gives 1.6 cu metres of loose logs so 27 tonnes will give 43 cu metres. So you pay about £1300 and should get back about £4300 less expences. Any more is a bonus and is called bunce. If I was getting £7750.00 I would be out with my head torch on and a chainsaw.:thumbup:

I normally work on 1 tonne of green timber gives 1.6 cu metres of loose logs so 27 tonnes will give 43 cu metres. So you pay about £1300 and should get back about £4300 less expences. Any more is a bonus and is called bunce. If I was getting £7750.00 I would be out with my head torch on and a chainsaw.:thumbup:

good job our place is well locked up then :001_tt2: