prices.

Hodge

It means that the woodland owner has paid the subscription.

Cheers

mac

No... It means the land owner has paid for an audit to determine that he has adequate management systems or is carrying out his business in a sustainable way in line with FSC criteria.

It also means timber produced from his land is worth more, and timber can be sold to markets requiring FSC certification.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fellas I'm sure I'm gonna get ripped to bits for this but hey ho. Not been on for a while, just moved house etc. and just trawled through this thread. I know that a there are a lot of log suppliers who class themselves as professional but aren't we getting a bit an*l, I mean if you want to sell by weight or cubic metre or whatever then feel free,(personally I sell a truck load but tell the customer that it is 8' x 6' x 1', it's never caused me any problems, then again I'm probably what you would call an amateur :001_rolleyes:), but pence per kilowatt:huh: do me a favour, if I find a customer who asks me that then I will tell them to burn a load & if they're not satisfied then they can give me it back lol. Not trying to put anyone down here just think it's going a bit far after all do any of you run a log supplying business that's a multi million pound operation like the oil & gas companies, no, selling logs is small time compared to these guys so no one wants to know how much it costs to burn a log. I sell a truck load,(& as I've explained I tell the customer what that is and I've never had a knock back yet), for £75 & have done for 3 years now, loads of regular customers, though granted now I've moved I'll have to see how that goes round here, but I was getting that price while others near me were charging less, quite simply because my wood was spot on while theirs was crap, although another guy was getting £100 for the same quantity as me. I feel that there will always be a difference in price from one seller to the next but if you're happy with what you get then stick with it. Is there really a need for going into p per kw or are you all just sitting around with nowt to do at the moment, (or maybe I'm just missing the point).

Right just give me time to get in the Anderson shelter b4 you all start throwing logs at me,(just make sure it's oak or ash fellas as I'm running out lol).

Edited by Scouse Lee

Ok fellas I'm sure I'm gonna get ripped to bits for this but hey ho. Not been on for a while, just moved house etc. and just trawled through this thread. I know that a there are a lot of log suppliers who class themselves as professional but aren't we getting a bit an*l, I mean if you want to sell by weight or cubic metre or whatever then feel free,(personally I sell a truck load but tell the customer that it is 8' x 6' x 1', it's never caused me any problems, then again I'm probably what you would call an amateur :001_rolleyes:), but pence per kilowatt:huh: do me a favour, if I find a customer who asks me that then I will tell them to burn a load & if they're not satisfied then they can give me it back lol. Not trying to put anyone down here just think it's going a bit far after all do any of you run a log supplying business that's a multi million pound operation like the oil & gas companies, no, selling logs is small time compared to these guys so no one wants to know how much it costs to burn a log. I sell a truck load,(& as I've explained I tell the customer what that is and I've never had a knock back yet), for £75 & have done for 3 years now, loads of regular customers, though granted now I've moved I'll have to see how that goes round here, but I was getting that price while others near me were charging less, quite simply because my wood was spot on while theirs was crap, although another guy was getting £100 for the same quantity as me. I feel that there will always be a difference in price from one seller to the next but if you're happy with what you get then stick with it. Is there really a need for going into p per kw or are you all just sitting around with nowt to do at the moment, (or maybe I'm just missing the point).

Right just give me time to get in the Anderson shelter b4 you'll all start throwing logs at me,(just make sure it's oak or ash fellas as I'm running out lol).

I think your right. The people on this thread talking the prices down and quoteing kws either dont have any logs left or dont do wood at all. The rest are busy getting "a load" out or a cubic metre or a trailer load or a tonne all of which the customer will be delighted with in this weather. :thumbup:

I think your right. The people on this thread talking the prices down and quoteing kws either dont have any logs left or dont do wood at all. The rest are busy getting "a load" out or a cubic metre or a trailer load or a tonne all of which the customer will be delighted with in this weather. :thumbup:

must admit it we do get a bit bogged down with science speil, man has been sitting next to a fire since he made the greatest discovery of all time,if he was cold im sure he done what we do today chuck another log on the fire,