Buisiness as usual

Jonesie

Hello All

Just to let everyone who uses us, and those about to, that I'm off to hospital for an operation on my back on the 7th July.

The rest of the gang at Jones's should be able to help you, but if you need any advice you can still email or PM me (I'll be on the net in my hospital room). I'm going to be quite bored lying on my back for 6 to 8 weeks so I expect I'll be on here quite a lot.

I'm going in for a lumbar fusion, they are going to remove 2 discs and screw me back together with metal plates and rods. If anyone else has had this done let me know how you got on, recovery time, pain killers, etc...

Cheers

Justin (soon to be scaffold jonesie)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going in for a lumbar fusion, they are going to remove 2 discs and screw me back together with metal plates and rods. If anyone else has had this done let me know how you got on, recovery time, pain killers, etc...

Cheers

Glad to hear you're going to get things sorted.

I'm sure you'll be in all our thoughts.

Hurry back soon.

Will be giving you a call on the morrow with an order for boots, trousers, lid and the big shot.

All the best to ya.

Suppose the user name will have to change to "Bionicjust" :001_tongue:

Hello All

Just to let everyone who uses us, and those about to, that I'm off to hospital for an operation on my back on the 7th July.

The rest of the gang at Jones's should be able to help you, but if you need any advice you can still email or PM me (I'll be on the net in my hospital room). I'm going to be quite bored lying on my back for 6 to 8 weeks so I expect I'll be on here quite a lot.

Cheers

Justin, I've Had a Lumber discectomy a few months back. It was to remove part of my disk it was pressing against my nerve making my leg numb towards the end i was peeing myself no control over it. Was ment to be in Hospital for a week but couldn't cope ( they were crap). So Got out in 3/4 days Lots of pain killers. I was out of action for about 2 mths bored out of my mind, Had to have a raised toilet seat and a funky chair. Was only aloud to sit down for 20mins at a time other wise it's led down or stood up. couldn't do anything for ages, the painkillers i have are Tramadol 50mg/500 2 four times a day work well with paracitamol too. Don't have co dydromol they will bung you up for weeks. The morpine was good at hospital self medicate:stickyman:

going good now a few twinges now and again, Doing physio at the mo. Thats why i'm selling me harness.

I've got to look forward to it all again when they operate on my shoulder:sad: Anyway good luck for the op:thumbup1: Hope it goes well,

Ian

Thanks Ian, I'll try and stay off co dydromol as I've heard having a c**p is hard enough after the op, as nothing wants to work down there for a while.

I also sold your harness today so i have £100.00 of yours here, would you like me to send it to you or hold it in credit??

Thanks Ian, I'll try and stay off co dydromol as I've heard having a c**p is hard enough after the op, as nothing wants to work down there for a while.

I also sold your harness today so i have £100.00 of yours here, would you like me to send it to you or hold it in credit??

If you could send it would be good, What's the best for you cheque? I'll be out of action for the rest of the year probably anyway. Oh by the way the catheter is not nice when they take it out they pull out about a foot of tubeing.:crying: