Iveco Daily Tipper

Billy

Sounds good. Now i have a right headache my current insurers Aviva who are really good have just said they can't cover a crew cab iveco as it has 7 seats!! they say i need minibus insurance...even though its tipper. Apparently even if i remove the back seats tey can;t do it as it iwll till be registered as a 7 seater or something. grrr. I jus ttold them the transit was 3 seats as i bought it with the back ones already removed and no problems...the girl seemed to ignore this. any ideas? I find it hard to beeleive that they don;t insure any of these vans!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it past Aviva in the end:thumbup1: only £350 a year more than the smiley! ah the joys of being 22:sneaky2:.

the truck i'm looking at is a 35C11D i take its thats 3.5 T GVW

from wah ti could find the C meanbs its 'heavy duty' and 11 denotes the power output, D=double cab. trouble is its the 2.8 TD and i guess 11 means 110HP that seems a bit low as i have read that the 2.8 can produce 146bhp. I guess thats down to a chip like with the 311 and 313 CDI Sprinters making 110hp and 130hp respectivley from the same engine with a differing ecu, is it the same with these? I've been on google for hours trying to get solid info on these vans and get little useful info. Also does anyone have a unladenw eigh tfigure for the double cab? afte rlooking at woodpickers thread on the weight for his standard cab one I don't think its gonna be nice:thumbdown:

I've got a 35c14, which, allegedly is a 5.5 or 6ton chassis, it's really quiet compared to a transit, and it's really powerful. It's a 3ltr with a turbo the size of your head. It is heavy, but pulls fantastically, it does 19-21 to the gallon. It's crap in the wet (keep your distance) let alone off road. You also sit really high up, like in a hgv, which make's you feel superior to other tree surgeons :). You can also tow 3 tons. Buy one soon before they go up in price in the spring.

• 5 months later...
Hi Billy I recon I get 30 + to the gallon, I did have trouble with the fuel tank on the double cab bottoming out and pushing the sender out of the top of the tank. I had to get an older tank that bolts on higher up the chassis,:001_smile:

Hi Jammydodger

I know this is an old post, but I've just found your quote above and I've got the same van/problem. Do you know what the 'new' old tank was off exactly?

Cheers

Dan