Why not sell a cube of wood? Novel idea!

Albedo

That's what I was getting at Matt. As long as you don't tell your customers they are getting a cubic metre of 'logs', there is no problem.

I wasn't having a dig Paul. It's certainly better than quoting a price for 'a load'!

We cut an exact cubic metre (square) from an Oak butt once. It occupied frighteningly little space! (Even when you think you know what a m3 looks like).

Thanks Mark. I didn't expect such a hostile response as I got and was about to write that I perhaps worded the title very badly and invited some heckles rising. :001_smile:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think it would probably be better, albeit impractical, for everyone to come under wieghts and measures and sell a standard UK ton as a load instead of the ongoing debate over what is a cubic metre and what is not a cubic metre.

The whole timber industry is supplied by the ton the same as most harvesting contractors are paid by the ton so why not sell it by the ton?

The problem would arise with the expenditure in weight measuring equipment of reasonable suitability and having it calibrated and recording calibration checks etc.

Not necessarily.... you could sell a ton of seasoned wood or a ton of unseasoned wood, two different prices and two different options for your customers

so you give 2 different prices

wet and dry

everytime i've been hesitant over wood because i think customers will not like it i've been unable to sell it

now i just big it up- most customers are predudice