Splitters

scbk

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have just bought a splitter off ebay for £445 inc postage. i'm running it off a jcb beaver hydraulic pack and works fine. the ram speed and power is good and seems to sip the fuel!

i have also piped my chipper hydraulics to run it but it isn't as powerful for some reason. i have put a separate system in with an independant PRV but the hydraulic powerpack is quicker and more powerful.

i'll try and get some pics / videos up if you like?

Took delivery yesterday of my new Riko A11V, trailer mounted, petrol engined splitter (many thanks Chris & Jim). Only used it for an hour or so but am well impressed. Pretty happy with the 'Arbtalk special' price as well!

Having it on the trailer is the big bonus, I can move it around easily & I'm only 9 stone. Can then tow it away from the yard to secure storage.

yep the balfor A11 is a great machine mines a year old now and going strong can anyone put up any pics of the trailer for it as she is a stuburn old girl to move about!

also how much do you hire yours out for theocus? i was thinking about doing the same but i reconed by the time i load it up deliver it and pick it up at the end of the day you would have to charge more than the wood would be worth, they would probably be better off just buying already split wood?