ART positioner Vs ISC etc

Paul Smith

Iv had 2 isc and a petzl positioners the stupid thing about them is that little bit of metal always snaps on the cam i dont no what its even for ??

Im going to swap to a Art positioner cos you can adjust it with tour weight in the system also no little metal bit to anoy you.hope this helps.

[i cant stand the isc type micro grab thingys, impossible to adjust one handed, general pain in the neck.

Not really used the art positioner, tried it briefly and found it a bit too on/off for comfort.

Now using a trango cinch with 10mm line, super smooth on doubled and single lines, very easy to use, very reliable.

lanyard.jpg.c4aa82a0a6350fcfe3656c2cdb298d27.jpg

Im going to swap to a Art positioner cos you can adjust it with tour weight in the system also no little metal bit to anoy you.hope this helps.

I'd try out the Cinch if I were you. The Positioner is a piece of bling that might not be worth its price...

;-D

the positioner works on metal strop the cinch does not positioner is slightly better than grabs but the swivel is a big improvement we have 3 guys using positioners and 5 using grabs and i don,t think its worth the expense to swap them but when we set new guys on we will be buying positioners with swivels

I use a positioner on metal strop and a cinch on rope.

Iv had 2 isc and a petzl positioners the stupid thing about them is that little bit of metal always snaps on the cam i dont no what its even for ??

the wire is to keep tension on the rope so it does not slide all the way down and you can replace them we use a length of throttle cable but snare wire works too or alternatively send them to me for my collection

[i cant stand the isc type micro grab thingys, impossible to adjust one handed, general pain in the neck.

Not really used the art positioner, tried it briefly and found it a bit too on/off for comfort.

Now using a trango cinch with 10mm line, super smooth on doubled and single lines, very easy to use, very reliable.

Peter, looking at your pic I see your lanyard is connected to the leg loops of the treemotion. having read the wife guide that came with my rig I did notice it says you can use them for connecting into. Do you use the connection or is it only for the pic? Whats the advantage if you do use them?

Peter, looking at your pic I see your lanyard is connected to the leg loops of the treemotion. having read the wife guide that came with my rig I did notice it says you can use them for connecting into. Do you use the connection or is it only for the pic? Whats the advantage if you do use them?

Are you talking about the lower "d" attachment points?

I use them in preferance to the traditional D's. I find the work position much more comfortable