K. deusta gets expensive

Tom D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bloody hate Kretz. Its rot is so unpredictable and is it is difficult to detect in some case. We are carefully monitoring a couple of our roadside beech trees. I hope this link works but if not i shall get some pics of the tree we are monitoring very closely.

Sturminster Newton - Google Maps

someone told me recently that if kretz is present and detectable the damage is already done, we have done a few big old beeches this year with it, horrible and brittle, one of them had failed big time, luckily onto a large open lawn but i wouldn't like to be monitoring a host tree..

We call the two trees "The Twins". If one of em gets a fungi the other one does soon after. The tree nearest to the garage has got more Kretz that the furthest one and is starting to show signs of illness. As it very close to the main road and just about within falling distance of the pub we are planning on having it reduced by the council tree team as it right on the main road and on a blind corner too.We looked down the route of a mewp so we could do it but the more we look at it. The more it looks to be a dimantle job. We arent sure how low we should to with the reduction. But if we do one should we do its twin as it will now be suseptible to strong winds?

good stunt fell!

Would be a good one to stunt fell but we got a big Sessile Oak directly behind the main one we want to do work on. And to the left on the oak behind it but still within fallin distance we have the electrics for Sturminster Newton and the surrounding areas. Wouldnt be too popular knocking those out.