Russian Birch Firewood £60.00/cube delivered

Treewarrior

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that Tree Warrior & County 4X4 received the mails 'out of the blue' ie. unsolicited. Why would a business already selling 4000m3 monthly randomly mail shot?

I've seen hundreds, possibly thousands of similar invitations.

Anyone inclined can do some basic checks by first performing a trace on the ip address. Or, forward it on to Tony Hetherington, financial investigator with the Mail on Sunday. He has met with the main operators of 419 eater the foremost scambaiting organisation. Have a look on their site & see how the gullible are sucked into these scams.

Or, go ahead & make a purchase. See how many requests for advance payment of various fees you get & then see how many offers you get from other scammers who think you are an easy touch.

Yes the email I received was unsolicited.

However, I could also point out that the email I received back in the summer from the Olivebars operation was unsolicited too, and their representative showed up here armed with a load of free samples and happy to answer any questions, as well as leaving full contact details and so on, so it's not really fair to assume that any unsolicited contact is dodgy. Personally, I contact quite a few businesses out of the blue to ask if they would be interested in stocking briquettes, and I'm guessing that the ones who end up ordering with me don't think I'm dodgy! Half the time I end up sending them the goods in advance of payment anyway, so I don't think I could get much fairer!

Yes I know that there are plenty of scams about, but the internet has made prospecting for new business so much easier than it once was, and so I wouldn't say my first thought when I get emails like the one from Russia would be "dodgy", though obviously I'd want to build up more of a relationship with any foreign operation before spending money with them. I've dealt with a lot of companies in India and the USA in the past, and often sent a lot of money for stuff, and I've never been let down yet, so they're not all bad!

Andy

Andy

am i missing something here......

round here i'm lucky enough to have a good client base who can just about bring themselves to pay the £75-00 a cube i charge for mixed h/wood.

if you're buying it for £60...how much do you get for a cube ?????

£100.00 / cube plus delivery over 10 miles

• 1 year later...

hi Jayvee,

i would be looking to import kiln dried timber to Belfast, N.Ireland. Do you have any ideas what the best route would be to go down? I have a supplier in Latvia via a mutual friend but the cost is around 185 gbp per 2m3 crate. i think this is a little on the high side as several competitors are charging same out at 220 gbp and I don't think there is enough margin at our price to sustain this!

many thanks for any help!

John Menary