Pine Hell

gibbon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just the music that gives the illusion that its all a smooth operation.

I have an application in to fell a true beast of a pine, its been dropping limbs for a while now and took out a conservatory in the snow. If granted its a super heavy rigging job. Snatching 880 size lumps all the way down as no crane access and in a small garden.

I have an application in to fell a true beast of a pine, its been dropping limbs for a while now and took out a conservatory in the snow. If granted its a super heavy rigging job. Snatching 880 size lumps all the way down as no crane access and in a small garden.

Sounds fun Matt :001_rolleyes:

look forward to the visuals :thumbup1:

Thanks for the positive comments. To try to answer the questions-

It was just one tree. I had inspected the tree earlier in the year. Sparse crown, heterobasidion at the base, pine shoot moth and red band needle blight too. Wasn't dangerous but certainly declining.

The whole job was a nightmare. My mates yard is just up the road, he was taking the chip and moving the timber. His father inlaw dropped dead and the weekend so he couldn't help. The job was underpriced from the start and the highways agency limited us to not put any traffic control up till 9.30 and be off the road for 3 as its a primary route. We only had 2 days.

Didn't have the room to crane down the brash into a single carriageway. 2nd day the crane turned up with an agency driver who just lost it. Couldn't set the crane up as planned. Had to call my mate out who rigged up the crane on shortest possible rigg for that crane at 5m. This meant we had to rig down the stems another 4m so he could pick them

Didn't get the boom up till 1.15 but managed to get the whole thing dusted and road open again by 2.50, not sure how though. All in all very stressfull.

There was a few pieces of brash getting stuck because I was rushing so much. I must admit I felt a bit rusty at the start which made me nervous, but alls well that ends well.

Oh boy, I know how this job felt, its never a great feeling to be under pressure on jobs like these, think you done a fine job of it, managing it with limited time and no major hick ups.:001_cool:

Awesome vid and cracking photos, i think the pics help give an idea of the scale. Just one thing when felling out some sections were you tied in twice or just with your side lanyard?

Was tied in twice. Had my main line on another stem, just can't see it too well in the photos