Green waste disposal near Basingstoke?

Pete Hart

Hi guys, can anyone help me with some info regarding green waste disposal near Baughurst, (nr Basingstoke)?

Im going to be doing a garden clearance for an old uni mate there in a couple of weeks time and as i dont know the area at all, i was wondering if anyone local to there could point me in the right direction to a suitable place of disposal?

If its not too much hassle could i get an indication of costs per weight/load (chip) etc?

many thanks, Pete.

what do you want to get rid of ?? i know a place nr odiham i wouldnt tip in a council yard it would prob be about £80 per ton

You're not wrong! Croydon (then run by Biffa) fleeced me £96 for 915kg of leyland chip a couple of years ago. But I was desperate.

And the worst bit? The so-and-so's went and tipped it all over a heap of sofas, wardrobes and other furniture to landfill it! (unless they were firing a power station from Factory Lane, but you'd know whether they were or not better than I).

Phew. Needed to get that off my chest...

why is it so hard to get rid of green waste

surely the 'council' should be encouraging this sort of recycling

Tipped as general waste is criminal

whats the alternative

I've paid £163 for 1.7 tonnes topsoil just because i had a bit of root in it

b......s

Edited by likeitorlumpit
error