General Tree pics

Andy Collins

It's been a while, maybe 10 years.

Uber impressive for sure, that one.

Have you ever seen the one at Ely, in the walled garden opposite the Cathedral?

i cant believe all the work ive done in the cathedral and surrounding houses/grounds, i have never seen that plane! have you seen the big mullberry in the bishops garden?

the last 3 are of a false crotch setup on my mammut power static access line with rope guide and ddrt climbing system. this was set up to prune out 8 good sized dead limbs up to about 50 ft, i footlocked the tail of my climbing system

tried this out today john, really cool!

1st oak got it up about 15m, unhooked then climbed to the top, 2nd oak, climbed the rock behind it to place the throwline in the top of the crown-about 20m and worked off it without re-anchoring, and likewise with the 3rd oak, 20m+ diddnt re anchor, all 3 pantin'd to the top no effort atall, really good tip:thumbup:

59765779d2c03_sweden30-07-10001.jpg.31eb7f3f5c1171d054aa35b3f5d196f6.jpg

59765779d58c5_sweden30-07-10002.jpg.7d086a12176f1b3e2a2c79a713d5b1e3.jpg

i cant believe all the work ive done in the cathedral and surrounding houses/grounds, i have never seen that plane! have you seen the big mullberry in the bishops garden?

tried this out today john, really cool!

1st oak got it up about 15m, unhooked then climbed to the top, 2nd oak, climbed the rock behind it to place the throwline in the top of the crown-about 20m and worked off it without re-anchoring, and likewise with the 3rd oak, 20m+ diddnt re anchor, all 3 pantin'd to the top no effort atall, really good tip

Good job ya never did see it Josh, think the temptation for a stunt fell would have been to great :biggrin:

Not caught the Mulberry yet, will keep an eye open for it next time I'm up.

I think we'll be bringing the floating anchor more into play at work as well, we've used it two/three times on a couple of tallies, and makes life so much more efficient. :thumbup1:

I was up taking a slice out of an unknown fung yesterday on an old Oak scar at about 15ish meters, we set up the double rope, and I didn't exactly glide up with the double ascender & l & R pantins :blushing:, but it sure did save some effort :thumbup:

Good job ya never did see it Josh, think the temptation for a stunt fell would have been to great :biggrin:

Not caught the Mulberry yet, will keep an eye open for it next time I'm up.

I think we'll be bringing the floating anchor more into play at work as well, we've used it two/three times on a couple of tallies, and makes life so much more efficient. :thumbup1:

I was up taking a slice out of an unknown fung yesterday on an old Oak scar at about 15ish meters, we set up the double rope, and I didn't exactly glide up with the double ascender & l & R pantins :blushing:, but it sure did save some effort :thumbup:

fi youre on the south side carpark right next to the cathedral, to the east is a real old cabled and braced oak i heavily reduced, and to the west, over a high wall is the mulberry, which i tip reduced the end weight off, there is a private mini arboretum there too . . .

just used the right pantin, left hand holding the fixed end of my climbing line, right hand i stretch up to grab the 'live' end, helping the foot to pull down the rope, thus ascending, when my hand comes down and reaches the vt hitch, a quick grab of the hitch up to prevent any sit back and wasted energy . . .if that makes sence! it was real smooth and efficent anyway, i'll do a vid next time. only extra kit i used was the extra rope!

now contemplating the best (read simplest!) way of tieing off at the base so the groundie could lower the climber down in worst case senario

[quote=josharb87;329808

now contemplating the best (read simplest!) way of tieing off at the base so the groundie could lower the climber down in worst case senario

This is how we set the floating anchor on a tall Oak on Monday.

Little bit convoluted but I'm sure you get the drift.

John & I were talking the other day about using the Id instead of fig 8

IMG_4684.jpg.6fb32f440c8d3ade3e609586a9084850.jpg