General Tree pics

Andy Collins

just depends on the customer i think dean. the minute someone says 'how long will that take you' i know they are going to be one of those customers. some folk have no idea in the cost of our kit. but i am a firm believer in using the right kit. the cost of labour (and actually finding people wanting to work)doesnt take long in justifying a crane or big mewp for the day.

We've all taken down bigger trees in tighter spots

to be fair dean you cant see the size of the drop zone in any of those pictures. yeah weve all taken trees down in tiny spaces, and 90% of the time you kill yourself trying to get it done, if the option is there to use a crane why not utillise it. plus it was in winchester, people arnt exactly short of cash round here:001_tongue:

to be fair dean you cant see the size of the drop zone in any of those pictures. yeah weve all taken trees down in tiny spaces, and 90% of the time you kill yourself trying to get it done, if the option is there to use a crane why not utillise it. plus it was in winchester, people arnt exactly short of cash round here

Don't get me wrong John, I'm not being critical, I'm just trying to find out how you sell the crane dismantle to the customer and get the job. I'd love to be able to do one :001_tongue:

Like stevie says, the customer hasn't got the foggiest as to our overheads or cost of machinary

Two day ash take down with two men,counted the rings and the tree was around 180+ suprised me as i though it would only be around 90 years old.

End of day one

http://009-3.jpg

Day two and nice sun shine!

[/img]http://018-2.jpg

http://024-2.jpg

Edited by Monkey-D

You look after your groundies too well Matty, those are girl sized rings in your last pic :001_tongue:

Need to be at least twice that thick.

I bet thats an 8" thick ring there....they always look smaller in photos....that looks like it'd be a perfect log size when split to me.....Loving the 395 there Matty!!:001_tt1:

The rings are a bit small?? jeez dean you related to geoff capes?? There is only two of us and i will end up chucking half them on the truck any way,not really what i feel like after a morning on spikes!so the smaller the better and no worries with a sharp saw! the last load I took out at around 3pm whilst andy swept up i had to split for one of the directors of the trust the job was in for....sort of good will justure and hopfully more work,first time ive had blisters in while splitting that overloaded tranny load of rings in 3/4 an hour to be back home for pub opening!

The rings are a bit small?? jeez dean you related to geoff capes?? !

Probably why I'm going for an MRI scan on my lumbar region on saturday Matty :bored:

I like to ring up at a min of 12" because I use a PTO hydraulic 4 way and there's nothing worse than splitting thin rings.

I'm a bish bash bosh man, get the stem down then me and my groundy "two" the rings on the truck.

I think next time I'll just give Skyhuck a bell with his hiab :001_smile: