General Tree pics

Andy Collins

Great photos by the way.

Footlocking on a single line with a kleimheist sounds like something to have a go at. Did you sit on the hitch or just power on up?

Its worth trying if you have only a short rope but can get the throwline over a high branch, just made sure the running bowline was a good one.

You can power on up but I did sit on the hitch at about 60ft up (I'm no spring chicken anymore!)

Its worth trying if you have only a short rope but can get the throwline over a high branch, just made sure the running bowline was a good one.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would never climb using a rope that would not get me down in one. Far more important than a climbing groundie, IMO.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would never climb using a rope that would not get me down in one. Far more important than a climbing groundie, IMO.

Yeah point taken, but when your boss gives you tall trees to climb with only a 35m marlow what do you do? Be inventive. After the 3rd tree of having to come down and re-tie I was getting a wee bit miffed.

However,on a different note, deadwood is always good to burn and the guy who I dropped a load to and said 'No!' to any money asked me if I'd take a climbing line instead, turned out to be a 45m New England hi-vee, which I'm climbing on in the picture. Nice one Tony! Bizarre!

Yeah point taken, but when your boss gives you tall trees to climb with only a 35m marlow what do you do?

You refuse to do it. If he asked you to use a chainsaw without your PPE would you?

Like Skyhuck says, having a rope that will get you to the ground is much better than a rescue climber.