General Tree pics

Andy Collins

Liking the "Office" view Rod :001_cool:

What was the canopy like on the Oak?

lake district view over thirlmere :thumbup:

the canopy on the oak was ok i.e not dead. but was definatly on the back foot it was thined out (by its self) and didnt seem to have any young growth to be seen. sorry MD dont have a pic of it

plunge cuts under and above a couple of the limbs cut upwards hopefuly creating bat habitat

the tree was and stil is the only one on the site the tree officer and architect liked the idea when i suggested it to them rather than removing it, there was going to be another which would have been an exellent one to have done but it turned out to be to unsafe to leave as it was a chestnut and had been badly rotted by fungus.

the monolith/tree will have to be monitored as it is in a public park

cheers :thumbup:

some pics from this afternoon when i finally managed to get the new PTO on this old wreck of a winch off and a new one mounted and cut down.

http://001-2.jpg

Ploughing with beech poles!

http://002-7.jpg

the final tally disapointing as i wanted the day there but from 1.30 untill 5.30 by myself i spose there is a few loads there hardly touched what i have felled in there so far though just frustrating i can only get the time at weekends and all the remaining trees are a night mare to skid and winch through!

http://003-4.jpg

slung the combI over the winch corner post in that pic for the journey back to the truck ,bad idea as it got caked in mud on the journey ! i know what you mean but its a shame it just does not pay the same!! will be my firewood fund for the wedding if the bint pulls her act together and stops giving me sh!t

some pics from yesterday,

11 ash trees on a dam wall, all felled to stop further damage to the dam and stump treated to prevent regrowth

IMGP4541.jpg

the brash is from previous scrub clearing by the girl guides

first couple done

IMGP4546.jpg

some nice firewood from the job!

IMGP4552.jpg

bit of stump treatment

IMGP4556.jpg