General Tree pics

Andy Collins

A couple of years back we were called to a 70-80 ft pine with a lifting root plate. Standing at the base watching the plantlife go up and down when the wind picked up.

Tree over a busy road with three schools emptying. The police said we could not close the road until the rush had died down:scared1:

At 5.00pm we got the ok to drop the tree after arriving on site at about 2.00pm.

Police said can you climb it and make a name for yourself:ohmy:

My point is- seven Arbs- three trucks- two police cars- three highways trucks and yards of blue and white police tape and a farmer.

A chuffin cyclist broke the tape and cycled under the tree while we stood there at shouting distance.:confused1:

With such stupid people around anything can happen.

Should of heard the abuse from drivers when the road was closed, tho Mr 066 and a few tonnes of timber smashing onto the tarmac quietened them down a bit.:mad1:

Holm Oak, slight side/back lean.

Few targets.

Didn't really need the setup.

Good to keep fresh with various techniques.

Think Mr Keats woulda turned in his grave, had he seen his beloved Mulberry being abused thus :scared1:

Interesting decay staining breaching the barrier zones beyond the two internal cracks

PB260015.jpg.aa716242d91271b9459c3256b4d12519.jpg

PB260014.jpg.74069a402c3f6dce660c631ae7e5ca3e.jpg

PB260012.jpg.93077cf79421e61e6b75a2b2509aaa5a.jpg

PB260008.jpg.126c571b7a5c92bf58b4d798dd67d9f3.jpg

PB260007.jpg.cbfd500e2f502590122293f495576f2f.jpg

Ooh! Shiny new kit!

Personally try to avoid mechanical advantage systems on pulling trees over, as you are limited to a slow pull. I prefer a straight pulling line, with maybe a wedge if neccesary, but each to their own!

Looks like it went well though.

The most under rated knot ever,andy using a carters hitch to pull over a sycomore with a nasty back lean that i was feeling to shattered to dissmantle!

http://015-1.jpg

It that the same as a lorry hitch Matt? Take a loop, twist, feed the rope though and pull it against itself?

ps, Say hello to Andy!!

It that the same as a lorry hitch Matt? Take a loop, twist, feed the rope though and pull it against itself?

ps, Say hello to Andy!!

thats the one! anchored off a pulley! it still amazes me how much pull you can get from it! ill send him on your regards,got him with me up a horrific ivy strip tm, wich im sure he will thank me for the climbing experience instead of normal grounding dutys.