General Tree pics

Andy Collins

A very dead/dying lime dismantle from the other day. A rare outing in the mewp as in the wind, the tree was lifting and shifting from side to side at the base!

As you can see from the hinge pic (exactly, what hinge?!), it was in a state.

If anyone could fill me in with what the fungal brackets are that would be nice. I should swot up on them really....

IMG_0974.jpg.6ca68ab758de875bd9448f222e33967e.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg.b1141c8eb4367e0134076ccf329b1990.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg.535f8129a9955bed4ecd20f3be872f13.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg.17bb55bff7ee2d74c5115357922514cc.jpg

a nice conifer hedge ive got to do in the next month or so. 1 meter off the height and trim the sides far in as i dare :sneaky2: then couple of big conifers to fell pic dont really show the scale of them but you can kinda get a scale when you see the portacabin next to it.

you best bet would be to get the local hedge cutter to face it as high as he can reach would save a lot of hassle. as some can reatch over 7 m high with a fail and they would save you a lot of time and not cost an arm and leg

yup i quoted 3 days with one of them 4wheel drive platforms you can drive while up in it, then another 3 days to do the two big conifers that are coming out.

lets hope i havent cocked it up i have enough on it so if we run over day or two im still on a win but i reackon will do it in 3 days if the mewp people turn up on time and it works all the time :sneaky2:

If anyone could fill me in with what the fungal brackets are that would be nice. I should swot up on them really....

They're Ganoderma sp

Impossible to say for sure if they are G. applanatum or G. australe without the aid of a microscope to check spore.

If I had to make an educated guess I would say that they (or some of the brackets shown) were G. applanatum.

Feel free to swot away.

Forth tab from the left, above :biggrin: