General Tree pics

Andy Collins

It was for some the others had to have pull off ropes ....makes it half the job again trying to get one set up every bloody tree!....it was not a nice job at all....one of them was multi stemmed and i hadnt realised with the big shot i had gone through one of the stems i was stropped on to with the pull off rope,wasnt a nice feeling when they all went over luckily it snapped the top but only when it got to 45%'s :scared1: luckily being tied in to the tree behind i think stopped the stem from flexing to much and breaking off below me but it still made me sore being pulled in both directions!

Did a similar job last year matty but used the MEWP, made the job so much easier.

Did same number in two very easy day without breaking into a sweat plus we had a really strong wind in the right direction on both days, several times I put the gob in, then the wind blew the stem about 6ft away and I had to wait a while for it to come back to get the back cut in :001_smile:

Ssssshhhhh Matty, Skyhuck might hear you!

Horrible spec, there are some loons out there.

Hope you told them they would hardly grow back at all and would be much stronger now!

Lucky one with the pull off rope mate, I love Lombardy's don't you?:001_tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

I took a couple of pics of my co worker taking a leader off a Mac today,It was to change the trees weight distribution for a fell tomorrow.The tree failed QTRA and TRU(root decay).54 Macs in this Park,15 Fells(11 to go) and a lot of pruning etc.PIC_0001.jpg.4d2d70154c62afab8403aa036b34412c.jpg

PIC_0005.jpg.b10c667752540964e6d90390ba55899f.jpg

the fella looks like he could do wit a pair of spikes in the second pic eh :confused1:

too right T M,my mate is real old school.55yrs old.No spikes(mind you I grabbed the geckos fast,leaving only the Buck steels).One hand use. Single tie in.Im surprised he bothered with a rope,he free climbs very often.Prussic and both ends of rope.We have all the gear,but after 40yrs of doing this with zero lost time accidents I dont get critical of his ways. From now on though,out of respect for him I will only post pics of myself at work.

Some of these old timers are like monkeys aren't they? Amazing.

Knew a similar bloke in Northumberland. Free climbed everything and could do a better, faster job than most of us!

Got busted by the feds when they caught him towing his new chipper. Behind his trailer. Behind his Land Rover!

He did break his back in a fall once, mind.