Someone got a bargin today!!!!!!

samtheman365

I am tempted to say that as a machine to complement small log business this would be a good investment, the question is a little bit like ‘what have Romans ever done for us’ . a 100hp+ tractor with usable 3 point linkage fitted with a forestry loader and guarding could help extract timber & firewood from site deliver it to your yard, could power and load processor with wood you could not handle by hand and possibly load the finished product into your transport, you may be able to offer your services to local woodland owners and benefit in getting a supply of cord wood at preferential rates, the tractor its self can also be used for any of the tasks usually carried out by tractors and may supply an additional income stream, all this and more especially if it was sold for the above price even if it did not work out for you you could sell it for a profit!

very true. I am sure its worth more than 13k but alot of people valued it on the day. Question is what is it worth. And could a small log business justify adding to their 40k of existing kit . One man can only operate one machine at a time. Firewood profit margins are tight and there are only so many hours in a day. Interested in this as have recently pondered about buying a decent piece of kit like this but went for the usual 3.5k well worn setup

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it was for £13.5k and now a dealer has it up for sale for £26k

£24750 I think, but its some mark up! Fair play if he can get it. The same dealer has a very good name in the agri world.:thumbup1:

Sam, I would be very sick if I were you. In fact in a weird way I almost feel I missed out on a great earner myself!

Logbaron thought it was only worth £13.5k :001_tt2::001_tt2:

thats the price we would pay for it and i think i would have gone to at the auction top of 15k, if you want to pay through the roof and think its worth it to you at £20k then fine - I personally dont think it is, and i know theres not many about now, but you can still find things at the right price, this is one in point of fact, a dealer has bought it and he will stick on his pound of flesh, its still only a 1994 tractor, we dont know the history before it had the crane put on in 2008 as it states, we dont know the hours, i was giving my opinion - you were giving yours and youve obviously got lots of money to through about, i would be more cautious and find the buy at the lower price of top at £15k as there may be hidden repair bills to come, it may be a fair price as you think at £24k but thats a hell of a lot of work your going to have to do to warrant spending that if you just mainly do firewood - my opinion j. - point of where i was coming from is we bought our valmet with roof mount, complete with front linkage and fransgard winch and with steering drawbar forwarding trailer the whole package for £13k and that was about 5 years ago, before that we had a county and case tractors, which had forwarder trailers on and they only cost a few grand each and served many many hours forwarding out and costs us little adn the county is still going strong- so on that score is where i personally think its too much - j. - granted if you need one quick and thats all there is fine, but if you can look around and search out there are always things at the right money