£300 fine or £180 if paid within ten days.

Mick Stockbridge

is it worse to be caught overloaded or failing to stop until safely back at the yard pressing the tip button?:001_smile:

Id love to see a fully laden crew-cab transit with chipper in tow outrunning these to get back to yard.:lol:

This is what we have to deal with.:sneaky2:

Mitsubishi-Police-Car2.jpg.15a539a22b562300e8704fd35e0c3806.jpg

Lexus_IS-F_Humberside_Police.jpg.070e1bb2148d8dc99e9452e508e277a8.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, aren't (or, shouldn't) chippers (be) considered as recycling machines?

That is what they are sold as, and marketed as? They are not sold as waste compacting machines, they are sold as recyclers or converters. I have a list of customers for woodchip (they get it free when I'm passing, or for a small fee if its on demand) so its definatly not waste.

A load of brash, now that would be different, but its woodchip mostly!

We used to have a bag or two of rakings and rubbish on the truck most days but we nearly always leave that with the customer, making us of compost heeps, bonfired or council green bags.

I do have a WCL but I have never figured out why!!

We got pulled over by some police a litle while back. They wanted to check if we had the correct reg docs and to check to see if the truck was overloaded. Sadly it was but only by 25 kilos. As we removed the weight (logs) the policeman asked if he could have them and he was more than happy to put them in the back of his X5 patrol car. We didn't get a fine that time but months down the line we were pulled over again as drivers had been complaining that we were blinding them with our lights. We went onto the weigh bridge and sure enough we were overweight. Only by 50 kg or so and we got a £150 fine for being overweight. We are now very careful how we load the vehicles especially if we are loading logs or rubble.

We got pulled over last week (I'm a builder if you dont know) in our transit carrying waste turf, it was on a country back lane between Lenham and Sittingbourne and I was gobsmacked to see a traffic bike coming the other way, they tend to be on trunk routes and towns usually.

Sure enough, he turned round and came after us.

Having a little experience in these matters I went straight into 'Yes officer, No officer' mode and passed the attitude test, basically, I sucked right up to him.

He told me to carry on carefully to Sittingbourne, phew a potential £1000 fine avoided for being (and we were carrying about 2 ton) overweight.

I think the fact that it was 2:30pm and his shift ended at 3pm helped us out:thumbup:

Mick rang me today as soon as he had been pulled, I dont like the sound of these EA jobsworths pulling me over so its transfer notices for us from now on, oh and not running overweight again:blushing: