£300 fine or £180 if paid within ten days.

Mick Stockbridge

I got pulled by the police today and checked over by them and the EA. The Transit was okay apart from a small hole in the exhaust which I was told to fix and given a producer for, fair enough no problem, I thanked the copper for pointing it out.

The EA was a different matter though, I had a small amount of chip and wood on the back which they deem as waste, no problem as I produced a waste carriers licence. What did surprise me though is that they could have fined me for not having a record of addresses that I had taken 'waste' from.

Now I have to get every customer to sign a docket to say I have removed their 'waste' or risk a £300/£180 fine the next time I'm stopped.

When I asked the inspector why he hadn't fined me he said that he was feeling kind.

Edited by Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I will ask to go to court should I get pulled.

People think just paying the money for the WCL is the end of it, we have enough paper work to do without any more

What happens if the customer is at work ?

So far we have

Risk Assessment

Method Statement

Service Record

Daily check on Climbing gear

Daily check on vehicle

Daily check on chipper

Daily check on mewp

Puwer check records

Service record to fill in

Training record

Vibration records

Job sheets

Waste transfer daily record from and to

Plus all the other paperwork you are supposed to carry Chemical sheets etc.

Its a miracle we have time to actually do any work :biggrin:

Do you have to get the client to sign a docket mick? surely you have the address where the chip comes from as it was the last job, im sure we all do jobs where you only see the client when you price it so they are not there to sign for there waste getting taken away.

They have a neck on them even suggesting fineing you when you have jumped through as many hoops as that, there are plenty running about dumping everywhere but they wont stop them.

You have your name on the van pay your tax so you are almost classed as an easy target as you WILL pay the fine if they give you one!!!

Wait till they start visiting yards and dictating how you store your chip or fine you for tipping somewhere other than your yard.

My local golf course has had to have a sump put in where they power wash the mower down at a cost of £20K, because there may be some oil contamination from the mower.

Have they been on farms and seen how much oil leaks from tractors the baffoons