firewood prices !

33bk

Went up my land today to carry on making new shed,half my woods gone and barn door ripped off!

Looks like I'll be camping on my land with my shotgun till the little idiots return.Reported to the police,however not like they are much help.

They were as bad when I had over 2000 worn tires dumped.

Going to have to buy in some seasoned wood to stock back up

:(

seems no matter how hard I try to make my compound secure they ways find a way in.

Thats terrible, was it processed?.. how much did you lose?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye was split and been sat for at least 12month.

Bit of a strange robbery to be honest.the gates were not disturbed no vehicle marks either.I had it stacked in pallets wrapped with sheep wire nearly lost a full one of those.took some oak logs yet to be processed and about 20wraps of kindling.

God knows how they got it out:S

thinking maybe walked over next doors fence and thru my land.

Combined with the complete stop in sales recently,I may be forced to throw in towel.

I'm just glad my tractors my equipment all stored at home.only thing up our lands an old baulk of wood an axe and some wedges.

I think part of the theft problem is due to the bomb site appearance on some sites after mechanical harvesting. Joe public thinks its fair game to take whatever is left as obviously it will only rot in the ground. I personally would remove all timber and brash but then I would upset the conservationists.

no ours was stolen from the ride side stack,no mechanical harvesting allowed in this pariticular heritage wood so althougth it say myself a neat job done, and a friend of ours who stacks on a disused airfield had a visitor who he recognised in a white van cutting about 3ft of all his 12ft lengths and nicking it.

My local garden centre are selling builders bags of logs for £65, I had a quick rifle thru one & the wood didn't seem nearly as good as mine yet they are selling loads of them by the looks of it. I got a bag of the same size, filled it with my logs then emptied it onto the back of my hilux pickup, just about filled half the truck. I sell a full truck load at £80 and it is all ash at the moment from trees I felled over a year ago yet I'm not selling a lot this year in fact it's almost at a standstill, the last 3 years I haven't been able to keep hold of wood. Just can't figure it out, maybe I should start selling wood in plastic Asda carrier bags for £20 a throw as people seem to want to pay good money for poor wood.

its convenients for people and the fact that people are not educated in burning timber, for me i was brought up with a fire but for people now and this modern ''craze'' of log burners that has took off in the last few years its kind of like the evolution of man they start off buying hella expensive log from a garden center or diy place ,we all know the ones. then they find us and all is well and good , then they think can i get it any cheaper so they have some off of the local scrap man come tarmac expert come tree cutter fella, then they come back to you saying "had some from somebody else but it was wet"!! some where in the middle of that they become an expert lumber jack by cutting there neighbourghs tree down ,for the logs!!!!!!