Ignorant human beings

Dean Lofthouse

"but some did"

again dave where is your source of info coming from, the sun news paper? the tabloid renown for its facts.

If it did not happen why did no one sue the paper????

I believe it did and would have been amazed if it hadn't.

Some fire men steal from the homes and business they enter when attending fires.

Some ambulance staff and paramedics steal from those they treat.

Some undertakers steal from the dead.

Some police are corrupt.

Some carers steal from those who they are caring for, as do some nurses in hospitals

These are facts of life, we are surrounded by thieves all our lives, if lots of people weren't prepared to buy stolen stuff (which IMO is no better than stealing it your self or maybe worse) then so must stuff would not be stolen.

Your friends would not see these things happening, nor would it be caught on camera, these people are lifetime criminals, they are very good at what they do, it meat and drink to them.

The veneer of civilization is very thin and given chance many will very quickly look out for themselves above all others and the law.

When we have riots, do you think they bus in all the criminals that loot??, no they are all around us all the time waiting for their chance.

In former Yugoslavia and Nazi Germany where did all the people who killed their neighbours come form?? where they different to our neighbours??

I find it very depressing, but accept thats how thing are.

Edited by skyhuck

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was discussing with my colleagues the other day about CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) Checks. They only work if you havent been caught and its been put on your criminial record. So someone who you employ could be a heavy drug user and a local petit criminal but because they havent been caught its not on their record. Its rather frightening. A classic case is Ian Huntley. He was a peadophile but because he had not been caught it wasn't on file. They only realised when the two school girls went missing.

Dave, i agree with what your saying and the examples you give, and i also agree that there is a chance that criminals at the game might have stole of anyone and stayed undetected, the big issue with the newspaper that people i know have is that it claimed a dead girl had been 'abused', and that fans were 'openly urinating on the bodies of the dead'. those things could not have been missed by cameras etc.

some people can be ignorant and just down right unhelpful....

Went to work this morning feeling a little unwell but needed the money so went anyway. By the time 11 o'clock came i was up a mahoosive conifer and feeling rather unwell and feverish (man flu i thought, so i carried on). In the end i had to get home, told the customer i'd be back in the morning and started to drive home. On my way home i started to get pins and needles ALL over my body but it was affecting my hands which had clasped shut and my vision which was blurry, i was also breathing too rapidly and nearly crashed the car.

I pulled over to be sick at the side of the road but no joy, pins and needles where getting worse, i could hardly speak and only just managed to dial 999 on the phone as i was genuinely worried something was wrong... As i was trying to speak to the operator who was finding it very difficult to understand me, i couldn't remember where i was so crawled to the front of my car and tried to wave to someone to stop.

AT LEAST 9-10 cars drove past and looked at me and NOT ONE stopped!! eventually a jogger came past and spoke to the emergency services about my location.

Well after spending, 4 hours in hospital this afternoon strapped to a heart monitor and blood pressure device turns out i have a sickness bug, very low blood pressure and apparently am doing to much (yes i am a big girl) but the point is... NO ONE STOPPED!:sneaky2:

since i had my stroke i have set up the sos on my phone which will automaticly ring both my daughters. if i cant speak then they can phone the ES for me. the ES can track your number and location. if the AA can do it then the ES can.

it is shocking at the quality of driving with some people, not to beat down a stereotype, but i find executives in their german 2 Ltr saloons seem to care more about themselves and keeping their speed over 85 on the motorway, than being a bit polite and letting you out into the lane they are in.

If you look at people who drive for a living, the standard is truly shocking, ive nearly been sideswiped by a wagon on the motorway because he decided he wanted to stay on the motorway as he was going up the slip road and nearly caused a pile up.

Taxi drivers, when they have no passengers, can be ABISMAL.

From driving tractors the past couple of years now, mainly fairly long journeys, been up to lancaster, to manchester a few times and down to crewe. People do completely daft overtaking and it seems to bring out the worst in people. i was driving on a B road and there was nowhere suitable to stop for a good 25 minutes, when i did finally find a layby, out of about 40 cars, i think 2 or 3 waved thanks, the rest just seemed irate and one wagon driver clapped sarcastically at me.

but what can we do? theres not enough traffic police to catch the real numpties until they are caught out and the good people get caught up in it!

If you look at people who drive for a living, the standard is truly shocking,

From driving tractors the past couple of years now, mainly fairly long journeys, been up to lancaster, to manchester a few times and down to crewe. People do completely daft overtaking and it seems to bring out the worst in people.

QUOTE]

so are you including yourself as someone who drove for a living? :thumbup:

If you look at people who drive for a living, the standard is truly shocking,

From driving tractors the past couple of years now, mainly fairly long journeys, been up to lancaster, to manchester a few times and down to crewe. People do completely daft overtaking and it seems to bring out the worst in people.

QUOTE]

so are you including yourself as someone who drove for a living? :thumbup:

No I'm not. I drive to site. I dont drive to earn money. Driving is just part of the work that makes me money!

We had a case today at a give way junction. We were in our defender turning right and indicating that we were goin right but this silly woman just kept on going. We didn't hit her Skoda Superd but it wasn't far off from hitting our bumper n rock sliders. We gave her a blast of horn and a flash of full beam but we got the finger from her and several expletives which i cannot repeat on here. She sat on our rear all the way up to the traffic lights effin n blindin at us. So when we got to the traffic lights that were on red we waited til the last minute then braked to shut her up. Which luckily it did.