New woodchipper reccomendations

grenadier

Sorry if this has been discussed before but im looking at buying a new chipper approx 6" would any experienced users of TW190 s or equivalent jensen care to give their opinions on them or any other suggestions would be welcome. I have used jensens before but they seemed to run out of steam after a year or two of hard use although the ones i used wouldnt have known what a service was. I have always been a schliesing man but they seem to be like hens teeth second hand these days and my 98 220mx is ready to retire.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey. You wil be disappointed with TW if you are used to schleising, and IMO Jensen are alot better than TW too, esp in the area of bearings. There are a million threads on arbtalk about TW bearings.

The 190 is a 9" machine too BTW. The 150 is the 6".

I am a vermeer fan meself.

cheers tommer i had read about the TW bearings but thought that was maybe just a few unhappy customers. I have only ever used an old 12" vermeer and it was awsome but iheard parts and servicing were a problem over here. how does the vermeer compare on price? You dont see that many about second hand.

Crikey. You wil be disappointed with TW if you are used to schleising, and IMO Jensen are alot better than TW too, esp in the area of bearings. There are a million threads on arbtalk about TW bearings.

The 190 is a 9" machine too BTW. The 150 is the 6".

I am a vermeer fan meself.

Steady on Tom, the 190 is has a rated capacity of190mm or 7inch in old money!

I'd buy a GreenMech!:sneaky2:

I think you would be disappointed going from schiesling to timberwolf. The 190 actually chips very well, especially when new and all the feed rollers and knives are sharp, but I feel is let down by the poor quality bearings.

Vermeer service and parts are excellent, next day delivery usually on parts, but not cheap. The last part I bought was a small plastic bottle and cost £50 plus vat.

Greenmech 19-28 would probably be my choice in the size range you are looking at, letterbox infeed, plenty of power.

The nearest machine to the schliesling currentlyavailable would be a Tunnissen, which are kind of unoffical nephew of the more expensive machine.

Steady on Pete, the only thing common with TS and Schiesling is their country of origin.

Both are quality machines that chip wood but there is no link between the two makes, indeed TS is now owned by the French shredder manufacturer Saelen.

Steady on Tom, the 190 is has a rated capacity of190mm or 7inch in old money!

I'd buy a GreenMech!:sneaky2:

When i started out i worked for an outfit that ran about six green mechs and every one was scrap i swore i would never have one about me. They used to block constantly on wet days chipping conifer.

That was ten years ago though have they really come on that much since then if anyone knows what year they got their act together so i can avoid anything older

thanks for the input so far men it helps

Steady on Pete, the only thing common with TS and Schiesling is their country of origin.

Depends who you talk to. :sneaky2: There is no link between the companies, that is true, I was referring to the design history of the two makes.

Grenadier, if you havent used a Greenmech for a few years, then get a demo before you write them off. I have used some of the older designs, and the new ones, and the new ones are in a different league althogether.