threading the needle

dadio

I have seen many of Daniels vids that have not been posted here(yet) and believe me, they are not all safe.

When challenged daniel will either ignore or give this type of response when confronted by people who DO know what they are doing;

The techniques are safe... If you don't think so, then I need to explain why that is, which is often because there was a lot more going on than what is shown or explained in the video. Based on many of the comments on the American sites, the other reason I need to explain why the techniques are safe is because the critics lack the skills and experience to understand the complexities of work done on this level.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen many of Daniels vids that have not been posted here(yet) and believe me, they are not all safe.

When challenged daniel will either ignore or give this type of response when confronted by people who DO know what they are doing;

yeah, thats a lame response, he's possibly gonna have to do some cutting and pasting from these american sites.

I will take your comments on board but wish to make up my own mind :001_tt2:

yeah, thats a lame response, he's possibly gonna have to do some cutting and pasting from these american sites.

I will take your comments on board but wish to make up my own mind :001_tt2:

Not sure what you mean by a lame excuse but anyhow, no worries, time will tell.

Alternatively, you could go and have a look at the full compelation of Daniels world on youtube, but he will charge you for the education.:sneaky2:

And another responce:

I have had to explain things over and over and over again, so many times to so many people, that I have had to conclude that there are a lot of cluless arborists on these sites. .

Well who cares about a little mud slinging coming our way, but a reasoned argument about methods would have been more welcome. We refuse to fell at that height, I just cannot think of a single decent reason to do it, other than the clear up being quicker, but that should be secondary to any other consideration.

I don't know mark I quite like some of his techniques but haven't seen all the vids but I do agree that inexperienced people will think it's ok to do what he does, saying that though it's up to the person holding the saw to use their brain and do what they are capable of doing. I know there is very experienced lads on here who know what they are doing who don't agree with his methods, fair play to them safety is the key after all and I was taught at the start to remember you want to take your own boots off at the end of the day if you know what I mean. Saying this though I do think people in our industry spend too much time worrying about what you can't do instead of realizing what you can do. I was once called a cowboy at college by my tutor infront of everyone just because of where I worked not from anything I showed in my skills at college, I certainly wasn't a cowboy I was just confident in myself and I'd seen how the job was done, later in my career the same tutor came to work where I worked and upset a lot of other people with his attitude until a day on some big poplar trees he dropped his bottle and I the so called cowboy had to take over and finish the job for him to which his reply was remember where you learned everything I said aye from my dad!

Sorry about the rant! I quite like some of his techniques but wouldn't like to think what might happen if a new lad tries them

And another responce:

Well who cares about a little mud slinging coming our way, but a reasoned argument about methods would have been more welcome. We refuse to fell at that height, I just cannot think of a single decent reason to do it, other than the clear up being quicker, but that should be secondary to any other consideration.

Yeah, but he had written a pretty comprehensive description of the method earlier in the thread, i can see where he was coming from, not sure on his conclusions :001_rolleyes:, in this instance i think this is more frustration (purely speculative) :001_smile:

supprising different countries different trees and different topography inc different machines ect will make a difference

I have just been watching series 2 working climber a big 3 disk 6.5hr american dvd series

done by a guy with 47yrs exp

some we do

some i liked

a Fair bit i had issues with

I have been doing trees now 23yrs and can see where folk like dadio is coming from

I have done many a fell cut and climb ect that i am glad no one saw or videod.

I am also thoughfull when posting that anyone of any standard and knowledge and experience can read and copy or believe good practice.

even my mum could read it:confused1:

which is what i believe the critisism comes from

I would really like to go over and meet folk like dadio and understand more of their thoughts and reasoning or even some of them come over here:blushing: