For Dave and Rich (The howard knut combo and treeflex mod)

Tom D

This is a good hitch if you don't like the VT climbing style but still prefer the thrust and push "prussic" style ascent. However because slack can be tended one handed without the need for a pulley you can use either method.

Photo043.jpg.1c3f797edcdb709e7bd22bd8b938412b.jpg

The knut finish keeps the hitch relatively compact and gives you a good tail of rope to pull when ascending, it is much easier to advance up the line than either a blakes of prussic and breaks much more easily too when decending.

We use it on our short ropes, we have hitch climbers and vt's on our main ropes.

If you can't get on with the HC or VT and keep coming back to the prussik or blakes, try this, its miles better:001_smile:

Just to be sure, its three wraps and two twists with one leg then going streight to the krab and the other forming a half hitch around the main line and the first leg.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxiQcO7-H1s]YouTube - Video039.mp4[/ame]

This is that mod Rich11032008(007).jpg.40b8c1800feaa3bf033d676b808f458d.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats an interesting mod to your harnes , i usually tend to clip my working strop into the attachment points for the bridge (sliding d) on my skylotec , i find its a far more comfortable way to work on a pole as opposed to using the side D's , however if im sectioning down a pole then i usually tend to run my rope off of the attachment points for the bridge and hive my wire core flip line working of the side D's .

I wasn't sure on having to use both hands to clip on. One to hold the ring and the other to clip the crab on. Especially if one hand was holding on!

You can have them if you want

I find that using a snaphook as opposed to a krab allows you to open the hook and locate the ring one handed.:001_smile: