Buying My first Tipper (LDV)?

egs

So is it worth going for one? i have been looking at smiley faced transit. but lets face it they have all been owned by scrap men. been well used. Im only 19 and this my first truck.

Also its has the duratorque engine

So is it worth going for one? i have been looking at smiley faced transit. but lets face it they have all been owned by scrap men. been well used. Im only 19 and this my first truck.

Also its has the duratorque engine

ive had ldvs in the past and they are ok but they do rust quite bad they seem to only have one coat of paint from the factory, i have an old smillie faced transit and i cant fault it, it just goes and goes i look after it mind you but its more preemtive maintenance than fixing it when it breaks. At £1900 ANYTHING you get will have been well used, the glasgow council ones you speak of my mate just got one an 02 crew cab for £2200 low miles but is quite rough looking but mechanicly sound.

good luck with the search.

Edited by Robert_S

i have been in this business since 1989 and had nothing other than LDV the only engine i have not had in one is the transit 'banana' type engine. Ok they are slow (the duratorque ones i have arent!) but they are pretty much bomb proof, no fancy interior - just right to get the blower in to remove all the woodchip!!! I still have a 1998 crewcab on the road with a peaugeot engine in, again really slow loaded or empty but just keeps going! They sit pretty high up with a 'full' load and seam to be more economical than many others. And best of all because they aint that fancy the ****** tend to leave them alone!! Shame they dont make them anymore :confused1:

I would recommend for your first truck but that is my opinion!:thumbup:

Andy.

our first truck was an LDV.

2.4 banana transit engine and box

Best truck i've owned.....

Got an '04 crewcab transit as well now and its not a patch on the LDV

Ok..its quieter, faster, and more economical, but still not a patch on the LDV or 'P i key Bus' as its known localy.

Had a new clutch and cable when we first got her, other than that, nothing...

Gets serviced every 3000 miles....and abused most days.

If LDV hadn't gone bust, put two doors on their crewcab, and a faster engine. i'd have had one in a shot.

Photo-0026.jpg.e5ed25cececaf6479d74ff39ec88a605.jpg

23072009353.jpg.0c4826e2273fee5cdebf55d51888add2.jpg

If you buy it take off the lopping and topping stickers, other than that it looks like an average example of the breed.

You would need to look over it to be certain.