Range rover tipper conversion

Rowden the cowboy

How about it gentlemen? I seriously believe that there is a market for a luxury tipper that can tow a serious amount, carry a decent load, and transport the workers like theyre p diddy or something. Obviously the current rangie is based on a monocoque construction and air suspension. Could this be worked with? Would uprated air springs work as better weight carriers? Can it actually be done? I reckon ideally it would be based on the current 5.0 litre supercharged petrol version, keeping the front seats and cab, and then cutting the rest off to make way for a tipping body, complete with power take off, a winch and a front end ram. The motor would need to be uprated to 3.5 tons too.

Im thinking something like this, but as a tipper on a brand new rangie:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/12/range_rover_pickup_02_01.jpg

So hows that for a silly idea? Now can someone with money to burn go and do it cos im intrigued to see it.........

Edited by Rowden the cowboy

D3 commercial = removal of all rear seating, including 6 and 7..no jump seat left i'm afraid,,

then there is a bulkhead added behind the drivers/ passenger seats,

then false floor is put in to make a level load area, this then gives a few hidy holes

finally the windows have black plastic inserted to completely black out the back,,

oh, and all seatbelts are removed,,

tax bracket changed et voila...

re air suspension,, it self levels whatever load you put in the back,,, cool feature..

the worry with chopping up a D3 is that the body is monocoque so you'd need to be VERY carefull on what you cut off,,, although there is a ladder chassis too this is for off road performance, the monocoque is for the on road bit..

i've already thought about a D3 tipper,, got so far and walked away,, not worth it,,

re range rover,, ther 6 wheeler from specials would be good,,,gibraltar fire service use them

Edited by ad15

its only going to work if the base vehicle has a proper chassis.

I don't think the discovery chassis would be up to it.

maybe something Japanese?,

or how about one of those stupid humm veeee's?

(O no, stupid me, they have all already been converted into minibuses for chavs)