TD5 Discovery?

rovers90

Have a 53 plate commercial disco in august it had 130000 on the clock now 136k 6000 miles in a month. Ran like a watch. 30 mpg loaded to the roof driven hard. They are gutless low down because you need to rev them. If you look at the tacho you will see you are trying to pull away at 1000 rpm. Rev them and they sound harsh nature of the 5 cyl beast I am afraid. Drive it like you stole it and the mpg is still good its not a slogger. TD6 vastly better car but heavier on fuel and not perfect and alot more dosh and looks like a transit connect. Dont buy one unless its got the plastic lights thats when they sorted all the problems. No offence intended to anyone just what I found I wont be selling mine anytime soon.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So tell me Rovers90 have we sold it to you yet or do you want more:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I've been driving Land Rovers for 22 years so know what they can be like. I know they can have their problems - I've been warned by a competent mechanic who has had five Discovery TD5s to watch out for their usual faults - oil down the wiring harness, front hubs, leaks etc. I went to view a Mitsubishi L200 single cab last week and it must have been the first time I've looked under a four wheel drive and its been dry,no oil anywhere! But the cab felt small, even compared to a Defender and had naff all storage space.

I suppose after 22 years my heart belongs to Land Rover.:thumbup:

Don't get me wrong, I've been driving Land Rovers for 22 years so know what they can be like. I know they can have their problems - I've been warned by a competent mechanic who has had five Discovery TD5s to watch out for their usual faults - oil down the wiring harness, front hubs, leaks etc. I went to view a Mitsubishi L200 single cab last week and it must have been the first time I've looked under a four wheel drive and its been dry,no oil anywhere! But the cab felt small, even compared to a Defender and had naff all storage space.

I suppose after 22 years my heart belongs to Land Rover.:thumbup:

I found the L200 had a poor gear change, soft uncomfrtable seats and revved like mad. Friend who helps me out in the business bought a 53 plate one about two years ago with genuine 43k unmarked throughout. Luckily he had a Mitsubishi extended warranty because the engine let go and the bill for the engine came to £4000. He sold it about 6 months ago because he just did not trust it to stay together long term. My Landcruiser does not leak oil and its rotting underneath :lol: