Ecoplugs

Andy Collins

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats interesting re; the biodegradable plastic, when I asked the rep, he seemed surprised that this even came up, then the Swedish girl said it was in the pipeline. Seemed strange to me that a company wishing to be more environmentally friendly with the content of their capsule would not have considered the potentially 1000's of pieces of plastic left in the environment for all eternity:confused1:

Andy, the company behind this are not known for their commitment to the environment, in recent years they have become well known for pursuing an aggressive approach in the attempt to gain ownership of living organisms. It sounds like the storyline from a thriller, in fact it's what's going on in the world right now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPKoSrc99p4]PERCY SCHMEISER - DAVID VERSUS MONSANTO - YouTube[/ame]

See also, Vandana Shiva.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year in the woods we where short of room to locate tractor and chipper, so we blasted a pile of chip at the bottom of a poor sycamore specimen and left the chip.

In the last month the formerly health tree 20cm diameter has blown over, It was throughly dead right through.

This could be a brilliant way to stop regrowth on stumps and speed decay.

Heat followed by fungus even Hama will approve.

• 2 months later...

Been using them the last few days on willow stumps alongside a footbridge to allow access for structural testing. SEPA approved for them to be used, some of the stumps within a metre of a small burn. Easy to apply hopefully get to see some results within the next year.

Jay

It was EA That recomended them to us, in passing, but it doesn't mention anything about aquatic use on the label which worries me. There may be a SOLA for it which i'll look into.

I've contacted the manufacturer to check and will let you know what i find out. It certainly seems safer than using a brush. so i'd hope they were approved.

Hi all

Here's the response from Monsanto about use near water

"... Ecoplug Max does not have aquatic approval. Although it is on the label in the Nordics and is an ideal product for use in aquatic zones we did not submit any data for the UK at the time of approval and so are not able to include it on the label. We are undertaking trials at the moment which we will submit to CRD later this year and hope to have aquatic use on the label by next year."

So currently it can't be used within 5metres of a watercourse at the moment.