tripping more hung trees

dadio

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Widdowmaker

Definition: Any loose overhead debris such as limbs or tree tops that may fall at any time. Widow makers are extremely dangerous and present the faller with a continual source of danger. Limb or other loose material dropped or thrown from a tree toward the faller as the tree is felled.

Has anyone seen the film Grizzly man, where Timothy Treadwell is filming himself living and playing with massive grizzly bears in the wild. One of the bears one day decides to eat poor Timothy and his girlfriend. Even though Timothy continually stated in his documentarys that he was working for the good of the bears and he was in no danger. He must have been told hundreds of times to stop playing with bears by his friends and family.

Im sure there is a point in there somewhere. Try and find it.

I'm not entirely getting why there is such a problem with his method, it's just a spear cut but big isn't it? as for kickback it's a big heavy bar so aint gonna punt too far...and kick seems fairly unlikely...looks like he's done it before.

i like your vids dude, keep em coming!

And I definitely wouldn't pick up a grizzly to trip a widow maker (it's just a term which kinda fits i guess, didn't it get trawled in his last thread too?):001_rolleyes::001_smile:

Edited by treemeup

sry Dadio u aint doing that cut correctly, if u make the cut perpendicular to the ground, theres no need to undercut, the theory being as u cut dowm thru the stem , the top cut closes and then releases the pressure as u come out the bottom i.e not pinching the bar.

Was shown that cut way back in the 80s by my nptc instructor from Mauchline, its handy but cant say i use it that often

i always thought farmers had a point.... why break a sweat hauling a tirfor into the woods, making 3 cuts and easing a tree down to the ground? when you can just chop lumps off the bottom until it crashes down around you... proper job

why not incorperate a bore-cut, make it nice and professional looking:biggrin:

i'm not convinced(but i know that sure as hell wont discourage you) but please do keep sharing your experiences with us daniel, it is interesting to see a different perspective on things:thumbup1: