tripping more hung trees

dadio

Not personal mate, just wanted to let you know, seen the same thing many times before.

Would you beleive me if I told you the marketing rep for Stihl, here in the USA, gave me a couple dozen tee shirts and 6 sweat shirts back in 2004?.. Smart move on her part..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this technique looks bloody dangerous myself, i cringed everytime the holding wood broke, i hate to think what any nptc assesors on here think about this one.

just for the record i would never try something like that in a customers back yard or id get the sack!, just do it the propper way and set up a tirfor.

Im not here to jump on your back dadio as many others seem to have that covered.

I think from the signs of the last thread that got locked up you knew this would get a response.

I dont like that at 5.00 roughly, you seem to put both hands on your back handle and although you will say that the bar was safely into the wood I still think removing your hand from the top handle and chain brake is a rik that doesnt need to be taken.

Also on these recent cuts you dont seem to show a tree come to the ground and on one of the cuts (the first or second tree) it splits quite badly.

I beleive eveyone here has probably gone against industry standards to cut corners for one reason or another at some point but they will still criticise what you post.

Windblown trees are very dangerous and your technique will always have critics. I dont agree with some people here and think a winch isnt always the answer and because windblowns can be effected by so many factors maybe we dont have a technique that can be used for all occasions.

I would choose a winch technique if it can be implemented. If not I would get imaginative (in a safe way). :lol:

I beleive eveyone here has probably gone against industry standards to cut corners for one reason or another at some point but they will still criticise what you post.

i agree here, sometimes you have to use those little techniques that arent in the books i myself only use it on smaller stuff, never around targets most of the time i will just letterbox it and twist it out, or set up a tirfor or 3 in 1.

i think when it comes to the big wood if you cant be sure how that piece is going to react to your cuts, then you shouldnt even be thinking about it, one twist, or barber chair and your a goner, is it worth your life to save half an hour or an hours work?

cutting corners is one thing......recording them and sticking them up on an internet forum as recommended practise where there are a lot of young, inexperienced(and sometimes impressionable)members viewing, is another altogether

cutting corners is one thing......recording them and sticking them up on an internet forum as recommended practise where there are a lot of young, inexperienced(and sometimes impressionable)members viewing, is another altogether

That the thing!!!!!!!

We all through our own experience learn what our limits are and can work accordingly, to try and short cut this process is very dangerous, IMHO!!!!

My son is 14 and wants to join the firm in a couple pf years, I am very concerned about him watching me and trying to do things that have taken me many years to learn.

i have to agree steve, from what ive seen in some of my fellow students from when i was at capel, that gung-ho whop it down in as bigger lumps as possible permeates through the younger "adrenaline junkie" generation of arbs even if your not taught these techniques.

i'd be worried about people my age, with a good knowledge of arb but certainly not years of experience going out and trying this stuff for the first time, i know for a fact id never even contemplate trying something like that bore and release cut.

Agree whole heartedly Steve. I was merely saying that everyone jumping on this guys case has probably one point or another done a few stupid things themself.

But like you say they dont go putting it up to show the world.:001_tt2: